Some one local

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Matthew72, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Please go fishin with me.

2. Clintonlakeguy

Clintonlakeguy New Member

State:
    Illinois
    are you gonna take that dog fishing with you? then Nope..little rat will scare the fish.
    JK dude.
    where does one fish in Cobden

3. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Little Taco does not play well with strangers. So, we don't take him fishin much. I go to CrabOrchard Lake and have a great time. Come on down and join me for a day of fishin and fun.

4. Clintonlakeguy

Clintonlakeguy New Member

State:
    Illinois
    my dad used to take me fishing there when I was a kid. That and little grassy, and ..the other one is devils kitchen isn't it?

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    If I lived by your Matthew I would go fishing with you but since I dont i cant. you should find someone easy enough though.

6. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    If I lived back there I'd be glad to have you aboard. Many years ago you guys had one fine basketball team that went to State. Those "Apple Nockers" were something to see. Outstanding group of gentlemen!
    Don

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Move to Ohio and we can fish all the time brother. Good luck finding a fishing partner.

8. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Yea, the Appleknockers were good before I moved here. Now, I don't thank they do so well.
    Little Grassy is just a stones throw from me but I can't find a good spot for bankfishing there.
    I am still gonna fish until I get a partner. Just aint gonna catch much.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am sure you will find someone..I have recently found several members to fish with who live withing 30 miles of my house.

10. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    There's a guy on the member map who's just north of you, Matthew, his name is gavinsublime. Looks like he's a college student from his profile. You could send him a PM or an IM over AIM if you have it.

11. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I will look him up.

12. Boogie68MHS

Boogie68MHS New Member

State:
    Tovey, IL
    How does someone from Oregon know of those old Appleknockers?

13. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    sorry partner, i'm way the heck north of you otherwise I would take you up on this in a heartbeat.

14. Kahuna55

Kahuna55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey...I met you in oerson by accident last nite at Crab Orchard. I really enjoyed talking to you. I haven't posted here for a long time. Thanks for getting me posting again. YOU LEFT WAY TO EARLY!:big_smile:
    Right now a little bit before and right after dark, and into the wee hours of the morning is the best time to fish. They feed in the shallows. Most people around this parts think that cats are always in the deep water and feed on the bottom(bait in the mud). WRONG!! The big ones come into the shallows to feed at night. The also don't snort in the mud like pigs looking for foo. Keep the bait OFF of the bottom a few inches. That is their first mistake for not catching. I use a 2 ounce weight on the end of my 30 pound test, About 6 inches above that a TINY #12 gold Eagle Claw treble Hook...above that hook about 6 inches another #12 treble. I use a local made stink bait. It will stay on the hook for an hour or more. That is the only bait I ever use and I guarantee I always outfish everyone near me. PLUS it stinks so bad they don't want to be near me!!! :confused2: I use just enough bait to cover the hook in a tiny ball. That is all you need. If you use to much bait they peck at it. I don't mess with setting the hook. The fish does that. When the rod starts bending or the reel flips off of the ground I grab it and go!! I catch fish every time I go . I only go for the bigones. No better of a fight. I caught one that I had to honker down my reel on and it took almost 20 minutes to get in last nite. I caught four more in the 4-5 pound range. Not bad for bank fishing. That is my favorite for catfishing.
    Glad to meet you matthew72!!!

:lol:

15. Kahuna55

Kahuna55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey...I met you in person by accident last nite at Crab Orchard. I really enjoyed talking to you. I haven't posted here for a long time. Thanks for getting me posting again. YOU LEFT WAY TO EARLY!:big_smile: I like to be a loner when I fish......
    Right now a little bit before and right after dark, and into the wee hours of the morning is the best time to fish. They feed in the shallows. Most people around this parts think that cats are always in the deep water and feed on the bottom(bait in the mud). WRONG!! The big ones come into the shallows to feed at night. The also don't snort in the mud like pigs looking for foo. Keep the bait OFF of the bottom a few inches. That is their first mistake for not catching. I use a 2 ounce weight on the end of my 30 pound test, About 6 inches above that a TINY #12 gold Eagle Claw treble Hook...above that hook about 6 inches another #12 treble. I use a local made stink bait. It will stay on the hook for an hour or more. That is the only bait I ever use and I guarantee I always outfish everyone near me. PLUS it stinks so bad they don't want to be near me!!! :confused2: I use just enough bait to cover the hook in a tiny ball. That is all you need. If you use to much bait they peck at it. I don't mess with setting the hook. The fish does that. When the rod starts bending or the reel flips off of the ground I grab it and go!! I catch fish every time I go . I only go for the bigones. No better of a fight. I caught one that I had to honker down my reel on and it took almost 20 minutes to get in last nite. I caught four more in the 4-5 pound range. Not bad for bank fishing. That is my favorite for catfishing.
    Glad to meet you matthew72!!!

16. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I am glad we ran into one another there. I enjoyed talking with you. Any time you feel like fishing with a partner you let me know and I will be there.

17. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    You want to make a road trip up the Alton area? We'll the Mississippi river for bigg'ens. I'll bring the equpiment you bring yourself(no dog I'm a cat person). Let me know so I can get off.:cool2:

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would but you're too far away,Good luck you'll soon find someone.---------:smile2: pk powell

19. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I would love to but school is starting back soon and I must spend my money and time preparing for that important time this fall.