Some of us can, some of us can't and..........

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jun 29, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Some of us can, some of us can't and some of us don't care.

I am in the latter two categories. I now have 25 "notifications" when I log on. I sincerely tried the first time I saw that term to define, acknowledge and appreciate the significance of that term. Alas and alack I don't. This new improved model didn't come with a manual, even in Spanish or French. I am getting too old to wing it and I ain't even going to try.

My problem with this is that when I check those "notifications" they are people I know, appreciate and have some mental feelings for. Names are not important, but they are people I have interacted with for a year and a half. Some of them daily and some of them only occasionally. I don't know how to answer them and I am using this part of the forum to inform them that I am aware that they have "notified" me, whatever that means. I am NOT going to acknowledge your "notification" any other way than this post. I feel bad about that. I am using this method to make you aware that I know and that I appreciate it.

Thank you, John

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You are not the only one struggling. They need to provide better instructions when changing the site.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay John I don't know nothin about them notifications but if I did I would have All My Friends (Both of them that's 2) send you some mail then you would have 27 of them bad Boys.:wink: LOL, J.D.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I personally think Homeland Security is to Blame. Now you have to register your Friends. lol

Off Topic '''' In England their is one camera for every 14 people according to an article I read. Watching --- Watching ---- Watching. Now they [ the police] want a law to keep people from wearing hats in public. The camera's/some camera's can't see your face with a hat on. LOL

Is this site coming to this. LOL LOL I will have to take off my hat.

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Beetle, don't worry, some of us are still Old School. You are my Friend, whether anyone else knows it or not.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm probably one of if not the most computer illeterate fella on here,I know if I can figure it out anyone can,It will just take time to adjust ,an old dog can still learn new tricks . IT JUST TAKES US A BIT LONGER:smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Seems kind of silly to me but what the heck, I am a friendly sort of guy.
    If you want me on there, I am game.:big_smile:

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm a can do, cant do and dont care to do kind of guy. Depends on if I know how , dont know how or dont care how or dont have the time to do. LOL
    Bells and whisles can be an over kill.:wink:
    I still see no purpose for everybody to see each others friendship list .
    when is the ignore list going to be put up.
    Internet is getting nosy, silly , all the same. i wonder how the jone's are doing. LOL.
    Dont get me wrong, I like to know folks enjoys my post and I like them to know the same. I like friends. Sure dont want to post around enemies. :eek:oooh:
    I know who my friends are on here. Guess it wasn't fair cause others didn't know. LOL. Can I add my dog to my list. She is my best friend.
    maybe there should be a password set to only let your friends see your info. are your friends list and message's

My stuff, puter, brain, time etc. is getting to slow to keep messing with bells and whistles

Anyway, Even though it isn't necessary to add me , I want to thank those who added me to their friendship list. I do appreciate it.
    Guess I should add 15 K members to my friendship list and get r done.
    Except for the trouble makers who respond to these type of threads. LOL:tounge_out::smile2:

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I tried to add a friend. it didnt work for me. I aint spending all day trying.

Anyone who adds me, I will accept.

too many irons in the fire

9. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    That one double me over right there. I can see it now! :smile2:

Thanks, John, for pointing this new feature out. We now can have cliques within forums, all called "social networking"...I hadn't even noticed.

I'm starting to feel the old familiar feeling from way back...you know, waiting in the huddle to be chosen for the team. I never cared which team cap'n chose me, I just wanted to be chosen. I was always in the "liability string."

As I've stated in an earlier thread, I just hope the community remains just that, not devolving into little social groups hangin' off in their little corners. We already have enough of that...where there are some that hang out in their respective state or club forums, amassing impressive post counts without you ever knowing they even exist!

Long live one big, happy BOC community! :009:

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I been without a computer for about a week and came back lost as an easter egg. I got some notifications also, and appreciate the gesture. Now i got to go slave in the sun, and dream of playin on my new PC.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't see it that complicated but like I said before, I though every one was my friend except the few in my Ignore list. :smile2:

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    your just a crochety old man john,

nothin wrong with that. i dont have to see an addition sign next to your name to know i like ya. besides, answering all of those notifications means less time drinking beer. and noone wants to see a sober pb. jk.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    LOL, my dog fines all the Easter eggs before we get a chance to hunt them.

Put the new PC on hold for rainy days and winter time. Get a good dog. More fun, less headaches. Good egg finder too.