Some of my work

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by Ketch, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Here are pictures of some of the stuff I have done

The first one is a bald eagle I made out of 12' of 2X12 for my motherinlaw.
    The second is a pony cart I just redid so that my daughter and I could show with her 8 year old shetland pony.
    The last one is a cedar glider I redid.

Attached Files:

2. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    The first picture is a chair I made for my daughter when she was 4. All made out of 1X2's glued and screwed together. This is my own design.

The second picture is and oak toddler porch swing I made for my daughter when she was 4 also. Again out of 1X2's and my own design.

The last one is a western red cedar potato and onion bin I made for my grandfather. The top section will hold about 30 lbs of potatoes and the bottom door will hold about 5 lbs of onions. My grandfather is an old german, so that is why the letter is in german.

Attached Files:

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    The first picture is a black walnut toddler bed I made for my son although he hasn't used it yet. It's far sturdier than any one you would buy in a store (I have stood on this bed and I push a bit over 300 lbs)

The second picture is a custom garbage can holder I made for someone. They took care of the staining. It holds a 45 gallon trash can and has 250 lb full extension slides on it.

The last one is a picture of a painted garbage can holder I made for a friend. It matches her kitchen decor and holds a typical kitchen 18 gallon trash can.

Attached Files:

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice work there, Chad...:cool2:

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Chad,

Looks great! I may have to call you and get some tips for building my back deck.

Wife said I wasnt allowed to touch it, now I can tell her I have official phone supervision :smile2:

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Nice work! You are very talented. Thanks for sharing the pics.

7. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thanks guys. I really enjoy doing this stuff. This is my winter hobby here in Minnesota for when the catfish bite is gone.

The funny thing is Paul, my wife didn't want me to put in a wheelchair ramp for my mother-in-law when she had hip surgery. She thought I should get someone to come and have a "professional" build it. I took that as a challenge.:smile2:

The funny thing about all this stuff is that I didn't start do it because I was incredibly creative. I started doing this stuff because I was cheap. The first projects I built were made out of reclaimed pallet lumber. I wasn't about to pay the money the stores want for children's furniture. I guess being cheap finally paid off, I saved some money and found a hobby I love.

8. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Nice work Chad.
    I know what you mean by the cat bite, when it's gone a guy needs something to do.

9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Chad, I can just feel the fun you had in making these projects. You did a great job on all of them. Buddy, that isn't being cheap, that is using your head and talent. Slanging sawdust is very relaxing and very rewarding.

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    That's real nice work, Chad - I especially like the toddler bed :big_smile: I'm hoping to start on projects like this this winter, once the yard-work season is over.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Great work,Chad ,now if I could just find a million bucks and a ton of steel 'cheap I could make my own firearms, I'm cheap too . But I do like you I build everything I can ,Cause I'm cheap too:smile2:

12. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    My wife has told me many times before that this is the only time it has ever paid for me to be cheap. :big_smile:

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Great work. Ive got the bug to do some wood work but dont have the room in the shed to do the work I want to do.

14. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    That is some nice work Chad

15. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thanks everyone, it keeps me challenged, busy, and now I stay home more so everyone wins.

16. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Very nice work Chad, someting to be proud of and it will all last a life time and more. Thanks so much for sharing the pics.