Some of my woodworking

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by Vector, May 12, 2009.

1. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    :smile2: HEY! I never knew there was a woodworking section!!!!!

Here's some of my work. I mostly make calls, but every once in a while you can catch me working on a picture frame or an end table.

Vector

[​IMG]

Here's one of my deer calls hanging out with a Black Widow!

[​IMG]

I bunch of squirrel calls.

[​IMG]

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Vince welcome to the BOC ; that is some fine looking woodworking like to see some pic of your other projects thanks for sharing these

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    welcome to the BOC bro that is some fine looking wood work keep the pics coming:cool2::cool2:

4. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    Thanks for the welcome gentlemen. Hunting, fish and woodworking are what keeps me going from day to day!

I'll have to see if I can dig up some other projects. Its been a while since I've done anything besides calls. Those pictures may be on my old computer.

Vector

Here's a turkey call I made a few years ago. Did the etching by hand on the back side of the glass. If the mirror reflects dark, the turkey shows up white. If the reflection is light, it shows up black.

[​IMG]

5. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    Here's a plaque I made for a friend for him to hang his Missouri deer rack on.

The first picture is unfinished, and the second picture is a closeup of it finished. I could never get a good picture of the whole finished product because the flash on the camera was washing it out.

Vector

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    You got some beautiful callers. Very nice work. Bring some over to Warsaw this weekend and take part in the gathering.

7. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    :wink: I sure appreciate the offer. I've been checking it out in the BIG thread! Looks like a heck of a good time!

Maybe I'll be able to come down next year. At this point, I've already got my catfishing plan for the next month though with friends and family.

Warsaw is a ways away for me.

Vector

8. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Beautiful work!!! Gosh you are so talented! Please post more of your work! wish you could come to the gathering! Hope you can make it next year for sure if not this year!

9. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Welcome to the BOC Vince, might nice looking turnings, wish I could find some more of the bodark, I like doing pens out of that.

10. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    Thanks for the further welcomes!

Bodark? Do you mean hedge? We've got quite a bit around here, but the hard part of dealing with it is to get it to dry without cracking.

I usually buy mine kiln dried to make sure its good and dry, and not cracked.

Vector

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    welcome to the BOC bro that is some fine looking wood work

12. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Love the stripes in those turnings. I wish I had a lathe.

13. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    THAT IS SOME FINE LOOKING WOOD WORK THERE. WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME MORE PICTURES OF OTHER PRODJECTS ALONG WITH THE CALLS. WELCOME TO THE SITE.

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    welcome to the BOC bro i love those calls love to get my hands on a few of those squirrel calls they are nice

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    VERY nice stuff. I love turning wood!

Bill in SC

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC,Vince,Those are some beautiful calls,You're very talented.

17. Samuel Watkins

Samuel Watkins Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Those are some beautiful turnings. Quite colorful and very inspirational. I'm hoping to learn to do some turning of my own this year as soon as I can locate a nice quality lathe that's cheap. Keep up the great work and please keep posting pics for us to appreciate!

18. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    Yea, Yea, they look nice but the only way I'll know if they are any count is if you send me one each of squirrel call, turkey call, and deer grunt so I can hear what they sound like LOL. Really nice looking and I AM sure they sound good also.

19. broken_chairs91

broken_chairs91 New Member

State:
    KS
    They look purty. Good job