Some decent weather?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Cuz, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well, according to this forcast it looks like ol lady winter is loosening her claws on us for a little while. Looks like its time to respool and oil the reels and go wet a line. Cuz is gonna try to get out the latter part of the week and see if he can loosen up some blue lips. :wink:

http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:USMO0222

2. Denny H

Denny H New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hear ya! I'm off Tue. and Wed., they say the high for Wed. will be 58. Hope the fish are bit'en. If not, still better than work.

3. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yup, I'm gonna get out on Cuivre River here just outside of Troy some time this week with some frozen skippies from Tennessee. I'll happily give my report on return.

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    going to try to get out on the river on wed. hope to hook a few big ones will post back

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    It's definetely nice to be above freezing again, I plan on heading down to Truman Park to fish the Mississippi on Thursday. The ice is finally gone. Best of all, got to try out my new boat.

6. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    where is this truman lake I keep hearing of?

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Smithville still frozen up tight

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I will be on the bank slinging bait Thursday.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Planning to hit Truman on Friday if the weather holds and the ice melts...

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Good Luck everyone this week. Looks like were going to get a few out fishing. I will be out there friday and saturday. Perhaps everyone can post how their days turned out on this thread. Be safe. :cool2:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Truman Lake is in west central Missouri, west of Lake of the Ozarks.
    Truman Park is a Mississippi River Access ramp not far from Bloomsdale, just south of Festus on I-55

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The hibernating bear kutter is beginning to stir. Not too much longer and he will venture out for his first spring foray. :wink: :wink:

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Not for a spell! I stepped outside over the weekend and have been down with a cold and fever ever since. At one time, my son, Will, asked me if I was hallucinating. I told him "No, of course not, I'm not seeing things.........Why?" (I then looked over my shoulder and up toward the ceiling) "Are THEY seeing me?"
    Good thing I aint still on the pain med's while this fever is going on. I'd be so far up in the clouds, you would fly that jet of your's right on below me. As it is, I feel so low down right now that I'd need a 10 ft step later to get up on top of snail scum. It aint natural for a faucet to run that much for that long. Please pass the Kleenex, make it a box of them. No, wait, go ahead and make it a roll of paper towels. Oh, for goodness sake, throw me a bath towel.

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dang Tom, sorry to hear the bug has you down. I had that crap last month. It put me on the couch for a week. Heres to a speedy recovery for Kutter!!! Look at this way, better now than when the bite is on.:smile2:

15. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    John,

So did you get out on Friday & Saturday? How did you do?

Saturday's forecast was looking poor, so my son and I went out on Friday afternoon. The cats were feeding good and the water had warmed up to a "balmy" 37. :big_smile: We caught 9 or 10 cats, the biggest was 25. On top of that I had 5 others that got off. One in particular was probably 30 lbs +. He started swimming towards the boat on hook-up, then he turned & surged before getting off.

Anyone else get out?

The river is taking a big jump down here. It was at 8.2 on Friday. By next Friday, it's supposed to be up to 26 :eek:oooh:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Shane, hope all is well. We did get out on Friday but the bite was poor. We didnt even catch a fish. The water was hovering around 34 degrees here. We need it to warm up a little bit more thats for sure. I'm glad somebody is catching some fish. Sounds like you had a banner day. Nice Job. !!!!

17. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Hello Shane, Thanks for letting us know that someone is actually catching fish. I went out Thursday on the Mississippi, fished about 8 hours and didn't even get bit. Went out again on Friday with Cuz, and we fished probably another 8 or 9 hours and didn't get a bite. The water temp is still cold, It was around 34 by St.Louis, and Thursday, It was 37 near Ste. Genevieve. Hopefully it will warm up soon. Congrats on you catches.

18. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    2 weeks ago the water temp was registering at just over 33 degrees. So it came up 4 degrees in that amount of time. Those few degrees seem to make a big difference in activity. I probably wouldn't want to eat much either if I was on the verge of being a chunk of ice, LOL.

It will surely get better from here. Now if we can just get the river level's to cooperate. According to the forcast, the river on friday will be at 27 feet (New Madrid scale). That's a 19 foot jump in a week :crazy: I imagine by the weekend I'll be able to walk across to KY on the debris.

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    That ain't worth a hoot Shane! The river level here hasn't changed much, I'm if Festus, Just north of Ste.Genevieve, It seems that the temp is starting to gradually climb, but the level hasn't changed much since last week. I'll have to check the level Friday, and then give a report.