Some cherished memories

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by paleocaver, May 2, 2006.

1. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Below are three pictures that I will never get tired of viewing. No they aren't of 50-pound blues or flats, but of the memories of the people responsible for giving me the gift of the love of fishing.

First is a pic of my grandparents (my grandfather passed away 3 years ago at 86) in the old Cherokee V-bottom and that fidgety old 20 Merc. Man did we ever drag the cats into that old boat.

My grandmother is still here (now at age 86 herself). The next two pics are of her catching some nice eaters. My mom's there too. After a long time, I've got her hooked on catfishing, she loves it. We caught 13 nice channels just last week.

Thanks for letting me get a little nostalgic tonight brothers and sisters.

Attached Files:

2. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    great story. i am going home at the end of this month to take my parents out fishing. my dad has never been fishing with me, we have talked about it for years. i am looking forward to what i am sure will be a memorable time for me, and i will take pictures, whether we catch any or not. no one is on this earth for long, we should cherish the time we spend with our family and friends.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great pics, those memories will last forever. Glad you will always have those.

4. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    You sure are right about the family. I love to take my whole family fishing and I have my father to thank for that. If it were not for him taking all us boys fishing I believe I would not be enjoying it so much with my family. We did not have alot of pics of us fishing but I do have all the memories. Thanks for posting these fine pics. MAMAW could probably show us a thing or two about catfishing.

5. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Memories like those are as good as gold. I miss being able to go fishing and hunting with my brother and DAD! When I was growing up I use to go trout lining for Cats on the Tennessee with my Grandpa and I still think back on those times and only wish I had done more of it!

6. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just got in this evening from pond fishing across the road with my son (18) and my father (67). We were supposed to be bass fishing, but I snuck along a big open face a threw a nightcrawler out there. We all caught about a half dozen bass each, but the high point of the trip was when Dad was standing by the spinning rig when the 9ft rod went dragging across the bank. He picked it up and landed a channel that weighed about as much as all the bass we had caught all together. Nights like tonight reaffirm my decision to move back to West TN. I just retired after 24 years in the Air Force and have lived (and fished) all over the world. Had a few opportunities to make a lot more money living elsewhere, but nights like tonight and the chance to make more memories like this outweigh the cash...Sorry I rambled. Thanks for the chance to share.

7. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    those pictures are definitley Rockwell material...i love it bro! :lol:

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great pictures! I want to be just like those ladies. My mother loved to catfish. She only did this when we'd go on a vacation, like to Arkansas camping. But on several occasions, fishing in a campground pond, she'd catch a nice catfish using WHOLE KERNEL CORN for bait! One fish shook her up so bad, she wouldn't lift her pole; afraid he'd get off. She Dragged him up on the bank, put her foot on him, & called Daddy & I to come help her! It was hilarious!! She passed away last summer, but that memory is still crystal clear!! Thanks for those pics....wonderful memories.

9. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    all i can say is , thats awesome brother!!!! catfishing is so much more than just landing the big one. its also about building relationships and memories that will last the rest of your life. sorry your grandfather has passed but he still lives on in the memories you guys built together.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    GREAT PICS AND GREAT MEMORIES. ALSO TELL YOUR GRANDMA SHE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE SHE IS 86 YEARS YOUNG.:big_smile:

11. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Fantastic pix, thanks for sharing a part of your life and family with us.

12. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    great pics,memories last a life time and can never be taken away