Some Bragging on Billfish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Jul 2, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ok, I gave Billfish a couple of days to say something, but he is too modest.

Billfish got his personal best Arkansas blue catfish Saturday night on Wateree. It was right at 20 pounds and he wrangled it in on 17 pound line. His side of the boat was hot that night and he caught several nice fish.

It was a good team effort; Billfish catching big cats on my boat while were fishing Mudkips holes!!! :wink:

For someone that catches 100+ pound ocean fish, that ol' blue sure brought a smile to his face!!! :smile2:

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    He is gonna be a good one!

3. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Great post Wylie

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I had a captain take me 75 miles off shore from Little River SC and the whole time he was tellin me how I was gonna forget about catfish once I hooked into some kings and tuna.All the while he is talkin about how nasty catfish where and they didnt fight good and so on and so on.We did catch a few kings and mahi mahi and a wahoo and here I am still catfishin today and lovin every minute of it.Needless to say I have no use for that guy anymore.Catfish may not be very fast and scream alot of line off and they may not leap and shake like other fish but nothin compares to the raw power and feelin of a big cat, nothin.Thats why we are all here.

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Every time I see a rod bow to the water and there is a kid on my boat, it is almost a universal language. The kid needs no prompt to grab the rod. It just comes natural. It is ingrained in us all--CATFISH FEVER.

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thanks Wyliecat for the post. I have fished offshore or saltwater for most of my life. Now living here i only get to go once maby twice a year. I am loving catching catfish, big and small. To me anything that can pull drag off a reel is fun, but to see that 20lb cat roll up to the net was great.
    Ive become a catfisherman, and am loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!