Some Ba$$ Fishermen kill me, even when their Family!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Jul 18, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Last night I went to my Uncle's house for a cookout and see some family I hadn't seen in several years.
    A few of us were sitting around the pool enjoying some cool ones. My Uncle brought up the subject of fishing. He said something about the Flattie that I won the Berkley Big Fish in June(Thanks to you all!!!) and said why don't I go after a real fish....Like a Ba$$. I just laughed at him and said if it has scales its bait. That kinda ticked him off. He said Catfish are nothing but trash fish that eat junk off the bottom. I just laughed and said have you ever caught a nice Cat? He never answered that only saying he used to catfish in the river and catch a lot of them using livers and worms.
    Then he showed me a pic of a 6 1/2 lb Ba$$ he caught where I get my bait. I said nice fish, that would make a lot of good cut bait! That really pi$$ed him off. I asked him why he'd wanna catch a dumb fish like a bass that is stupid enough to eat fake bait. He then asked me If I had ever caught a nice ba$$, I told him my biggest was around 2lbs on accident but a 2lb cat would fight a lot harder. We went on for about 2 hours and I finally told him it was people like him that give catfish a bad name!
    I offered to take him catfishing to show him that it takes a lot of work to catch a nice cat. He declined and said he'd stick to ba$$ fishing. Our little argument went on for about 2 hours, He finally started getting pi$$ed because I told him any Ba$$ I catch gets a 8-10/0 hook in it and goes out for bait.
    I tried to tell him the whole time that catfish aren't trash fish but he wouldn't listen and kept insisting they are the scum of the water.
    We ended up agreeing that neither one of us was going to win so we quit.
    I tried to get him to join the BOC and let 22,000+ Members let him know the facts about cats but he declined. I even told him that there was a ba$$ fishing section and he could use his pic of him holding that ba$$ but he said no.
    Some people you just can't explain anything to. :confused2:

2. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    agreed john. bass eat cutbait too, making them bottom-feeders as well.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    True, I asked him why I had caught so many Cats 2-4' deep if they only eat off the bottom, he had no answer to that one...:smile2:

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You didn't explain the order of the FOOD CHAIN, Did Ya??? Seems that Bass are on the menu, LMAO!!!

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Oh yeh, I told him that Flatties will eat his precious large mouth green carp any time! I told him that the Flattie was the king of the water and one of the hardest fish to catch, at least Trophy size. He laughed, I said go with me tomorrow and I'll prove it. He said no....:confused2::smile2::smile2:

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I know the type John!!! He thinks like most uneducated bass fishermen.
    I had a bass fisherman tell me it is like reeling in a wondering cynder block and, I thanked him for proving my point, LOL!!!

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I forgot, I told him to go catch that 6lb ba$$ again and I'd catch a 6lb flattie and the Flattie would tow it around all day like nothing! He said you catch them and show me. I said I don't ba$$ fish, you catch it and I'll get the Flattie and I'll show you. He wouldn't do it.....:roll_eyes::wink::smile2::confused2:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Every Ba$$ I've caught was nothing to get in. Never caught a real big one but I've never wanted to either.
    I agree with your post. He's just too stubborn and he may be my Uncle but I told him he was the type that gives catfish a bad name!!!!:angry:

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27: with my Big Brother (JW) on this one Buddy. (LoL)

But really - to me Fishing is Fishing - no matter what kind it may be,
    Me myself I like to do both of those kinds of fishing and many more.
    :0a23:
    But now that I think about it :0a14:, "People sometime people use Ba$$ to go after Catfish" & Not "Catfish to go after Ba$$".
    (Think about it)
    :wink: (LoL):happy:

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Man, leave it to Bert to put it all into prespective for us, you da man!!!!

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I should have stated in my first post that there is nothing wrong with ba$$ fishing at all. Its just not my thing and If I catch one, Its gonna be bait. Thats just me. :wink::smile2:
    I apologize If I offended any Ba$$ fisherman, Its just the ones that bad mouth catfish that really get to me! At least I convinced my Dad who also fishes for ba$$ to go catfishing with me.....I about fell over!!! I can't wait to put him on some big flats!!!:cool2:

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky

He will not be the same after he fights his first big Flathead!!!!

Bass, What Bass, lets go cattin', LMAO!!!

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thats what I'm hoping that'll happen. Even if he catches a 10# Flattie he'll be hooked!!!:wink::big_smile:

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey John,
    Maybe won't go because you may prove him to be wrong.
    :0a28:

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Each to their own i guess. I've made alot of money bass fishing over the years and never did anything but spend money catfishing.But i'm yet to fish a cat tourney either.:embarassed: I see some cat tourneys boost about the payout, it's chump change compaired to the FLW or bassmasters circuit.:smile2: If it's legal where your at, use em for bait, garden fertilizer or simply feed it to the crows.

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    LMAO, a jackass can out pull a quarter horse too, but most ain't real bright.:smile2:

17. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    It would be cruel to do,.... However I can't help but wonder about the scene a 6lb bass tied to a 6 lb flat would make.....They'd probably come right out of the water.

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yep, That bass would come out of the water in a hurry with that flathead right on his tail, LOL!!! It is the natural order of this!!!!

19. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    spot on, J-DUB:wink::smile2:

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    John, you are casting your pearls before swine:wink::smile2: