some advice please

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Naack, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Hello all , i was just looking for some advice from cancer survivors, my father is going through Chemo and Rad theorpy atm and having a real hard time with it .. he has been on so many high end meds even before he found out he had cancer that he has some days that he does not even remeber atm he has about 30 days left of treatment , so i was wondering - hoping , will this get easier he has been in and out of the hospital for the past 2 weeks and he just isnt the person he was before , granted he lost 40lbs and is on a feeding tube , i just have never seen my father with such a poor outlook on life , even know the Doc's say they havent found any cancer for 3 weeks now he just needs to finish out the treatments... so will this get easier for him after the treatments , is this normal, im just feeling a bit lost any info would greatly help!

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Shawn,

The wotst thing to do is get down on life. 90% of healing is your fram of mind, the lower you get the harder it is ,the best thing that he can eat is patato soup my wife makes all the time for cancer patinet's it seem to relax the body other then that you have to have faith. hope this helps

A prayer for your Dad,

Oh, mighty God we thank You for all the blessing that you have blessed us with. We thank You for you promise that You made to us , Father we belive in You and we know that You already know what we need before we ever ask You. But You also say knock and the door shall open, so Father we ask that You lift up Shawn's dad and confort him and fill his body with the Holly Sprirt and that his healing will come and that he recovers. Again Father we thank You for who you are and what You stand for we ask if it be in your will that that Shawn's dad pulls thrue this with fling colors and that his body is healed. May we give You all the Glory and Praise.

Oh Father we ask this in your Holly Son's name Jeuse Christ

3. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Patato soup would be great but he is having his Rad theorpy on his throat... hard to swallow anything and everything taste like well crap.. thats why he has a feeding tube, im just hoping im looking to far into this , thank you for your kind words.

4. slowhand

slowhand New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hello Shawn My niece had a bout with cancer when she was 20 years old. It was hard to go and see her in that condition, She had the treatments and lost all of her hair. Beautiful Blond destroyed by cancer, But she never lost hope. Today she has all her hair back and has been in remission for18 years. she is 38 years old and has 3 wonderful children. Keep your faith that your Dad will recover,And help Him keep his faith. I found out this year that I have cancer, But I don't let it get me down. You and Your Dad will be in our prayers.

5. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    catman4926 hope you do not mind but I read this prayer for them as well

Have faith, and he will make you strong. My wife went through brain surgery 2 weeks ago. From all the prayers we had and faith, we came through w/o a doubt or fear.

6. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Shawn,
    Prayers are sent for you and your father from Tennessee.

I am a cancer survivor that has been in the "valley" and "on top of the mountain".

Treasure each day you have with your father. I hope he will gain strength and a renewed hope.

drd

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Renewed Hope, Boy that's what we all need. In 05 they cut on me for bladder cancer and have cut me open every year since. I thought I was doing OK after Novembers last one. Then I just in the last week herinated a spot where they put screen in to hold me together. The thought of getting cut open again, the pain, the general BS can put a person in a down mood.

A couple weeks ago, I seen on TV these 2 guys climbing this building and all the fuss it caused. I thought in my mind, that if I need to get cut on again, I might just as well climb that building. If I made it up at least 15 floors, so what if I fell, that pain would only be for a second.

Well now I need to be cut on, so renewed hope, the reason to live on, the real meaning of life, can be hard to find.

You need to convince your Dad, that there are things he needs to finish or things he has to do. Every ones life needs a purpose. Mine, I started welding up a wood stove for the neighbor woman. I promised to build her one, and I will. I need to complete my promises.

Life without a purpose, when a person is in a lot of pain or getting ready to go threw a lot more pain, can be seriously depressing. Depression, and wanting the pain to stop, can cause a person to think stupid thoughts and give up that want to live.

I pray you can put that want to live attitude back in your father.

Jim

8. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Well its been a few days the Doc's have changed some things around Med wise and other things he was told not to use the feeding tube now til they strighten things out with his Meds ... i think it was a combination of Meds that was pushing him into a world all his on.. since they changed them he seems more like himself, yes still in pain and hoping all this is over soon but he seems like he can push through now i can only imagine what he is going through we try to get the grand kids over to see him as much as possable but its hit or miss when he is good enough to see them , but he is doing better as of now compared to how he was , i will keep you posted.

Thank you all for your kind world and advice!

9. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Jim speaks from experience and it shows.

Your dad will be in my prayers, Shawn.

As Jim pointed out, the best thing you can do for your dad is to cheer him up and give him something to look forward to. Give him hope.