some adults are worse than kids

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, May 14, 2008.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    :angry: I hope nobody minds if i vent a little bit but something needs to be done with the way people treat our public property. I do a great deal of my fishing out of the holloway resevoir and have always been sucessful for whatever im fishing for. There are trash cans available but nobody seems to use them. The amount of garbage is absolutely pathetic. I was out just a few days ago and watched one guy throw an empty propane tank for his coleman lantern in a fire. Once it exsploded and the fire burnt out he tossed it in the water, even though a trash bin was only 8 feet away from him. I teach my kids to leave the area cleaner than we find it.....some adults just dont learn or care. I'ts up to us responsible people to teach our kids now if we want a safe enviornment to enjoy in the future....thanks for listening.

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Nowadays a fart is a federal offense without a license. Should have taken a pic and a license # for the propper peoples! :crazy:

3. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I see the same thing where I fish, Sessions Lake. It is in a State Recreation Area, so for budget reasons, they made the brilliant decision to remove all the trash cans. I have seen workers picking up the garbage that resulted from the picnic areas, but if you go off down a path someplace, there is garbage everywhere. About once a year I get fed up enough that I take a hike with a trash bag, at least around the areas that I fish, but within a couple of weeks the trash is starting to accumulate again. I have never witnessed the littering in person, probably I would become angry with the person doing it. I don't go fishing to pick up other people's trash.

4. wishbone1

wishbone1 New Member

State:
    michigan
  5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    So not to hijack this thread but how many will say something to the pollutionist? I myself will make myself be heard very loud and clear! If the results sre not to my satifaction, there will be a retribution, stealth mode most of the time. I am a redneck ninja. :0a10:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is an idea that has been proposed many times, yet we can not say it enough. I believe in your policy of leave the area cleaner than you found it.

7. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Right on Ricky. I'm sorry I just read your past thread today and kind of said something along the same lines a week later. It makes me disgusted about these type of weekend warriors. I know some of us are weekend warriors too but if you are on this site you are more than a weekend warrior. My spot they had a campfire built and I guess they thought the fire would be hot enough to burn beer cans.? But when the cans were still there after the fire they didn't pick them up either. I think stiffer finds need to be implemented for these type of people and that might curb some of this crap. I do the adopt- a- highway for a group I belong to and three times a year we do our clean up and the amount of stuff we pick-up is sicking. April pick-up we picked up 75 bags of trash in a two mile stretch of highway. My mom does one also and they picked-up 135 bags in their two mile stretch. I just decided I was going to be that guy. If it means a little of my time is sacrificed then fine. I consider it an almost religious experience when I'm done. Thanks for the post Ricky, It's nice to know there are others that feel the same way .

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Maybe a citizens arrest is in order here. Littering is against the law ...right?

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree with Shane 100%!!! Thats the way I do it or I at least do what I can. I try to take at least 1 garbage bag with me for others peoples trash. It makes me sick the way some areas are around here!:angry:

10. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    Right on! Well I see that I'm not the only one dealing with this kind of stuff. I always have been one who speaks his mind but don't like to stir up a hornets nest if you know what I mean. From now on I'm just gonna start asking the one I see to throw thier trash away or I'll call and report them. Maybe that will tweak their melon.:0a30:

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    For one thing, his disposal method that he used on that Propane Tank was... Shall we say>>>> Highly Illegal. What he did carries a hefty fine and jail time if they want to push it. Next time get pics, Plate numbers, Names (names can be obtained if you are tactfull and sneaky, LOL) and report them.
    Most of the time I will just tell them to pick it up or.... well you get the picture, LOL!!!