Solunar Tables

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Welkmeister, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Welkmeister

Welkmeister New Member

State:
    Woodstock AL
    Does anyone out there pay any attention to solunar tables when setting up a fishing trip? I've heard hype both ways but I have not been able to tie anything definative to the moon phase, planets position, blah blah blah.

Just curious what others may be thinking on this subject......

2. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am sure all of that has some effect, but I think there are other things that have a bigger roll in fish behavior such as Water conditions, (I am referring to Rivers) High water as we have had this year on the Missouri, Rising water falling water, Below Truman weather they are holding water or releasing water. Pre Spawn, Post Spawn, Nesting Fish, Nest Guarding fish, etc. I must admit looking at the best fishing times calender, moon sign and the Barometric pressure from time to time. But I have found for me, The Best fishing times are always " Every Chance I Get" Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Good Luck and Good Fishing.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I usually plan my trips according to when I am off or my biggest trips I plan in the spring. I don't try to line up everything because it is virtually impossible. You may be able to line up when to go according to the solunar tables and the moon phases but to catch the barametric pressure at the right stages at that time also you cannot forcast or plan on.

All I can say is that if your lucky enough to have everything line up when your able to fish then you should have a real good time if ya know where the fish are.

Generally I think if you can pattern the fish and find out where and what they are following and feeding on then you will still have a productive outing.

4. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've had some of my best turnouts when using the solunar tables, but it's never going to tell you if you will catch fish or not. I have caught several fish on the worst rated days....go figure!

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Paul.

6. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    Is there a place on the internet to go to check what the barometric pressure is doing, and what the history has been?

I look at the moon tables......but I still go fishing any time I can. :smile2:

Vector

7. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thank you...
    Glad to be here!

8. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
    Try fishingnotes.com. They have several lakes in the states to choose from. It will show you the current water temp, air temp, and current barometric pressure for the lake.
    It also gives good tips as well.
    I hope this helps.
    http://www.fishingnotes.com/

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I usually go fishing whenever I get the opportunity to go....but I have followed the solunar tables for many years and it has payed off "BIG TIME" for me in the past. Especially when dealing with the "major" feeding periods and the "Minor" feeding periods....and specific times for when fish and game are most likely to be active!:wink: