Solunar Fishing Charts - Are they accurate?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TA2D, Apr 9, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Does anyone follow the monthly fishing charts that are in the magazines? Are they accurate? They are based on tides and the moon phase, but thats all I know.

TA2D

Aaron

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I dont pay much attintion to them, when they bite ill haul them in if not i hada nice quiet day on the bank.they will bite when they want to and hopfully im out when they do.

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I tried those solar guides during last deer season and it was a waste of good money. Just fish peak times, morning and evening & watch the barometer. Try to fish before cooler wheather. Some common sense and good luck dosn't hurt.

4. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I used to follow them closer. My granpa would only fish when the chart said to go. If we fished other times and didnt get a bite he blamed the trip being on a charted bad time. I now play the weather and water. Works better for me.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    If you have the chance to go fishing then go! The solunar tables are based on the moon phase and for the most part the 3 days before and after a full and dark moon are considered the best times to fish. You must also take in consideration the local weather and water conditions!

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    After 55 years of fishing I can GUARANTEE that those Solunar tables are 100% completely and totally accurate.I always consult them when I want to know when the tides will be,when the sun and moon are in their high and low phases,when the major and minor periods will be,when the best and worst days will be and when the fish and animals will be active or inactive.THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT.Whether that has anything to do with catching fish or not has yet to be proven!!;) :mad: :p :rolleyes: :)

7. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    has anyone ever fished while an eclipse was going on?

8. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I have this special tool that everyone should have, I call it my "brain", when ever the time is right, I go fishing or hunting which would be everday if I had enough hours in the day.

Chris

9. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    TABLES Idon't need no stinking tables. like he said i that movie. but I do have a verified table that works everytime . It is in th kitchen .heres how.if all four legs are working I GO FISHING IF POSSIBLE. BUT NOT ALWAYS CATCHING.