solomon river near beloit

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by duane kingsbury, Jun 27, 2009.

1. duane kingsbury

duane kingsbury New Member

State:
    kansas
    went to beloit last nite about 700pm. it was still 98 degrees, pretty warm. the river is running very good with alot of water. We fished near some bridges below beloit and had very good luck. It took us about an hour to drive up there arriving about 800pm and finding a good place to get down to the water. started off kinda slow but picked up once the sun went down. we came home about 230am with sixteen really nice fish ranging from two and half to six pounds. great nite for fishing, just enough breeze to keep the bugs at bay. by the time we got home and the fish filleted it was 400am. all around great nite.
    Duane

2. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    sounds like a pretty good night for some eater fish.where ya fromI'm from concordia orginally.

3. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    cat lineman, I am from the area around Wilson. I live on a little farm 8 miles south of Dorrance.
    Duane

4. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    All my relatives farm around Beloit. Do a lot of hunting around there but I've only chummed in a couple of farm ponds for channel cats. I did have one friend that lived in Beloit that liked to fish the Solomon. He caught some flatheads and channel there by the low water head dam in Beloit by the city park where HWy14 crosses the river. But he was killed in a car accident last summer .....He was only 20.It was a mighty sad deal.

5. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    I know the feeling eric, I lost my son due to a auto crash in 2004, He would have been 20 three days after he passed. We did fish at the dam in beloit the other nite and were quite successful.
    Duane

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Duane and Eric, I am really sorry to hear that.:sad2:
    Way too young. A reminder to live each day to the fullest.

7. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Sorry about your son Duane. Those boys drive like maniacs out there and none of 'em wear their seat belts. I work for the Driver's license examiner and I am always on 'em about slowing down a little. Glad to hear the fish are biting.We usually come out during dove season and maybe we can have a cast and blast. We got a 40 acre watershed pond full of 5-10 pound channel cats.We launch the 2 man to throw some chum and usually clobber the channel cats fishing over the bean hole from the bank.None bigger than 10 lbs but none smaller than 5 lbs.I'll get a hold ogf you when it get's closer to that time.Hopefully my wife has a job by then otherwise we may be in debtor's prison by then.

8. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    sounds great eric I would love that fish that size are a great fight. The dove hunting this year should be very good.
    Duane

9. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Duane, did you have to fish off the concrete at the Dam at Beloit with the river being up like it is or was you able to fish off the Bank below it? Christy and i were trying to decide were to go this weekend to fish, and that is one of my favorite spots beings i caught my first flathead ever there Many years Ago.

10. duane kingsbury

State:
    kansas
    Shawn, We did fish on the concrete wall and the river was roaring, there water running over the concrete but only about an inch. My fishing buddy went up last nite and he said that they have cut the water back about half. He said it was way down yesterday, but they still caught five eaters. Hope you have some luck, we may try again friday.
    Duane

11. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the Help Duane, im glad to hear they cut the water flow down it might get a little bit easier for me to fish close to the house soon.