Solid or Braided ???

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Wally, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Going from the battery to the fuse block, should I use Solid or Braided wire ???? And why ????

What gauge of wire ?????

Bow & stern Lights, Bildge Pump, Ariator livewell,Fish finder, Cigarette Lighter, & Interior lights

Here ya go fellas ?????

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi wALLY i SORTA BUILD HOT ROD ON THE SIDE, GUESS Ii NEVER GREW UP. But when its 12 volt I would Recomend you use braded. Solid wire I belive is for AC( house wireing) I have never seen Solid wire on 12/24/36 volt But Im just a Stupid Meatcutter, (but as good as God ever throwed guts into) L.O.L. I was wrong Once but she GONE now!!!! Bigcatman0816.:big_smile:

3. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    braided wire carries the current better on a 12 volt system,the thinner the braid stran is the better.as far as the gauge,my boat was run in 6 gauge going to the fuse block

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    #6 Stranded will work fine for the feed line to the fuse panel. When you leave the fuse panel use the same size that is on the pump or what ever you are going to connect to. Sorider <<(spelling) all connections if possible or get some good water proof butt connectors and seal them all with liquid tape.