Soliciting or No Soliciting....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lawnman61, Mar 3, 2008.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I have a No Soliciting sign on my front door and some lady just came by to put something on my door and I caught her and told her that there is a reason I have the sign on my door and it's to keep people like her to pay attention to it. Well as soon as I turned my back, my wife was driving up and she said that some lady put a piece of paper on my truck windshield, well, being the person that I am, I got in my truck to find this person and I did find her a block over and she was putting these papers in peoples mail boxes, (Can you say Federal Offense)..lol I told her that what she was doing was illeagal and I was calling the police, well I just got the finger form her and I took her license plate and turned her in.
    Do people just not know what NO SOLICITING means anymore... I'm tired of it, there has been people putting things on peoles doors around here and checking to see if the door is unlocked and they are steal us blind, so I keep a good look out in our neighborhood and turn those people in that have no business around here.
    If they want to advertise, there are plenty of places to do that for free, in the paper, on the internet and many others. I don't like my door filled with trash that I'm not interested in.
    Does this happen in your town ?
    I can't wait till I can move to the country and have a private gate up to keep those people out.

:angry:

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Get a bunch of good watch dogs, then don't worry about locking anything. lol I live 800' off the road and my keys are in trucks/tractors/boat, no one bothers anything.

The only thing that the dogs don't work on are Jehovah Witnesses. LOL The only thing that works for them is 18" of snow. lol They are not scared of dogs, but they don't steal either. Honest Folks/just misled.

:smile2::big_smile::smile2:

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I got a cure for them Jahova's Whitness' Jim. My dad! One day several years ago a couple of em came to the house peddlin their beliefs. My dad had em tied up for 2 hours, quoten scripture from the King James version to em, amd tellin them where they were wrong, and why, and that if they didnt get with the right program "they" were goin to he!! when the time comes, not him. I couldnt believe my eyes and ears, he had em sittin on the step, and he was standin over em with bible in hand, wearin em out! Heck I thought he was gonna get em converted before they could get out of there! He aint had one come back since, probably about 5 years now. :smile2:

4. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    You did very right to follow and get her license number.
    Occasionally a well meaning neighbor will put flyers in the mailboxes, but this solicitor was probably up to NO GOOD. Any professional knows not to open mail boxes. It may not be a coincidence that it happened shortly after the fist of the month, Social Security Check time!! Nowadays, not many legitimate vendors actually go door to door as in the past. I would have been very suspicious indeed.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just take some chalk a draw an outline of a person on the sidewalk an scatter some pamplet around. That'll cure it

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dont forget the empty 12 gauge shells!!!!:smile2: That was good!!!:tounge_out:

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    On a serious note. Want to get rid of Jevo-hoes Witness, just ask them to pledge allegiance to the American flag and hold one in your hand with your hand over your heart, they wont do it. I did this when I was a kid and chased them down the block calling them everything but AMERICAN. Its my constitutional right, FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I've heard their bible is a little different. I chat with em, but I give back phrases from my bible. They seem to like a conversation. My wife invited em in one time and sat them down and told em what she believes. They don't come to talk to her no more. One time I met them at the door with a beer and a cigarette. It kept em away for awhile. It always seems they comin by when I'm busy or got something to do. Other than that I don't mind em. I just see things differently. But the more I accomodate them, the more often they come. One time the ladies was walkin on my fishin rods layin in the driveway, I was a little upset about that. They want to leave some reading material, but by the time we get done discussing whatever topic they seem to want to leave and forget to leave it.

9. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    We got this big old dog house. Got a 3"steel pipe drove in the ground with a rusted logging chain running in the dog house (it would take a heck of a dog to carry that chain) with a peice of carpet hanging over the opening of the dog house. We even put a water bowl out for the dog "that aint there". That stopped a bunch of stuff like that. People pull in the driveway and then back out.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Bible, they aint got one!!!! Maybe a pamplet that aint water proof!!!!

11. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I don't have much of a problem with the Jehova witnesses, it's the people that are puting junk on peoples doors, some of them are just out looking to break into peoples homes. It's happened alot around here and I'm tired of it, if they come into my home, they will have one big surprise, I have a gun in my office and one in the living room and one in my bedroom and few more around the house and they will be shot with no questions asked.