Sold my boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by rairdog, Mar 31, 2009.

1. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Times are tough and the repo man was after my truck. Had to break down and sell my Lund. At least I broke even on it. Salmon and perch will get a break this year. Still have my canoe and waders for the local kitties and crappie. I'm depressed. At least work is starting to pick up some. Dang that was a rough winter for work. I need a cheap flat bottom for the river anyway.

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear that, Lunds are good boats. Things will pick up eventually though.

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    man sorry to hear that! boats are pretty useless without a truck though..

keep an eye on craigslist, i got mine for a great deal.. it needs alot of work yet, but still got a good deal on it!

4. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry for your loss Rairdog.:sad2: That's a huge bummer. Hope you find a jon boat soon!

5. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sorry to hear about your boat brother. I dont know what I would do with out my boat, I guess I would go crazy! Just kidding. It would hurt though. Like you said the fish would get a break. Where in Indiana do you live? Dont give up the dream of boat ownership or fishing for that matter. Hopefully the ecomomy will pick back up so people can get back to working. Later.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cool thing about the BOC - I spent almost as much time in a boc buddies' boats as I did on my own last year.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    that blows man i feel for ya. you arent kidding it was a ruff winter. spring isnt springing work over here yet either.

8. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thats what it is all about bill. Having fun on the river while spending time with good friends. Hopefully some of us can meet up this year and do some fishing.

9. shadchucker

shadchucker New Member

State:
    indiana
  10. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    We are in the same boat or well lack of a boat. I sold my boat in Febuary. Its a tough pill to swallow but not as bad as sleeping in a cardboard box!

11. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Thanks brothers. Don't worry I won't slow down on the local fishing. I live on the river and still have my canoe and waders. Mother lives on Morse and both sisters live on Giest. They all have pontoons. I will just have to pier fish and wade for salmon. I was just pumped this year to get into trolling the Great Lakes and targeting some Indiana Lakes that I have never fished. I was wanting to put a Musky under my belt also and try the mighty Ohio for some monster blues.

12. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Sorry to hear ya had to sell ur boat bro. But Kyle took the words right outta my mouth. Keep ur peepers peeled on craigslist. Sometimes ya can even find a FREE boat there.

13. shoot2thrill25

shoot2thrill25 New Member

State:
    TH, Indiana
    check out hoosiertopics.com. Its like a craigslist for just indiana. I bought mine off there and this time of year there are usually a bunch of them. Plus with the way the economy is people are really tryin to move stuff.