Sold local this year

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by KYTRAPPER, Mar 8, 2007.

1. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Last year I sold to NAFA. I decided this year to sell local. I sold to Vinton Fur in Vinto, Ohio. These are the averages I got
    Beaver= 23$
    Mink=22$
    Rats=4$(down a lot from last season)
    Coon=9$
    Coyote=25$(didnt sell many, our yotes for the most part are a poor quality)
    Greys=32$
    Cats 1 small female@50$ and one good female@75$
    I was pleased overall and recieved a good fair grade. Was dissapointed that the rat market went down so much but thats the way it goes sometimes:crazy:

2. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i need to work out a deal with you next year and get my fur to your buyer. I did not do that good. I know a lot of my coons and gray's would have pasted for Ky fur. You did way better on the grays than I did. Beaver too.

3. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    i got the cats how many do you want me to send you....
    funny just joking..

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Way to go guys sorry you didn;t get all you wanted for I know you worked hard for what you did get:smile2:

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Tony in the pictures of a lot of your fur. Some looked to me a little blue or not full prime. Or is that just from being that far south?
    Pete

6. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Pete depends on which hides your talking about. I had a lot of semi prime coons from the first line in Nov and some that were just umprime. 6 otter from the first line that were unprime. All the fox and cat were prime and over 60% of all my coons were prime. Given our coons don't get as heavy as yalls. I dream of trapping some where up north one day. I would love to take a pile of big northern heavies.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes you picked out the ones that I was talking about.
    Good luck next year. And one day you may just get to trap way up north. I know it would sure be different then here or there.
    Pete

8. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well we sold first batch local in mid-december. Averaged 7.69 on rats with 14 of them (out of 22) at 9.50. coyotes I think avg'd 19. coon 15. The coon and yotes were all green. Rats were put up.