Solar balloons: How to Make...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Dec 5, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    From the previous thread Solar Balloons, some of you were interested in how to make one. I am still working on my site so it doesn't have everything yet. I just started it yesterday. But so far, it has instructions for making a simple balloon that flies great.

http://sbhowto.50g.com/

Let me know if it helps

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats great lil brother, how do you find time to fish? I hope you get a return from one of your balloons soon. Keep us posted. smokey

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'll read your site tomorrow.
    I save it.
    Thanks for posting about S.B.
    I think its cool and will try it myself one day.:smile2:

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Good job. I may have missed it, or maybe you haven't published it yet, but how do you get them in the air?

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Jon,
    Thanks so much for posting that link! I'm with Dan on this one. But it is something I plan to try over the holidaze.

Take care.
    Cheryl

6. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    No, haven't published it yet but I'll work on it today. I usually use a 2-speed blow dryer cuz I don't want to wait for the sun to heat the balloon. Any fan will work though, but I don't reccomend a heating fan, since I messed one up a few years ago.

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I'll have to try that.
    Bill

8. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How do I get time to fish - I was fishing yesterday so I didn't have time to work on my balloons.:cool2: There's your answer.

9. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I updated my site. It is still "under construction" but there is now a questions/comments form and a photo submission form. If you ever try making a balloon, send your pics and I will put them on the site.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Jon,

Since I didn't ever have time to try this, I hope to do it this summer. I wanted to bring this back up to the top for those who haven't read it.

Thanks Jon!
    Cheryl

11. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for bringin' it back up.

Good luck when you get to make your balloon, but don't try flying it in hot weather....just a tip. 70s is the warmest I would fly it in. Too hot and it won't lift. Mornings right after sunrise are good, as soon as the sun warms up but the air is still cool. Again, good luck.
    www.solar-balloons.com