Soft plastic fishing tips?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by CJ21, Feb 26, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I fish a purple color worm for bass fishing, I am wondering do u guys have any tips on maintaining contact with the bait? So I can put more bass in the boat.

2. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I rig Texas Rig. I mean u should be able to feel when the bass hit.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What kind of rod are you usin CJ? I like a m/h graphite for worm fishing it seems to transmit the hits better if i feel ANYTHING that might be a fish I set the hook i have a lot of nothin strikes but i hook alot of fish too . you'll get the feel of it eventually,just look for thetap,tap,then cross thier eyesHEHE

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I going to try using my Abu 5600 mounted on a 6'6 MH rod.

6. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I fish with terminator spinner baits 85% of the time the hits are hard and you dont mistake them. When I worm fish I like to carolina rig. I also flip a jig every now and then. if im flipin I use a m/h and med for everything else. I like shimano curados and phleguer presidents thats what I fish with for bass. Good luck hope this helps.

:0a23:

7. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I love fishing soft plastics! Mainly because I can usually rig them weedless and throw them into nearly anything. I've learned that the closer to cover you cast, the more likely you are to get a soft bite so you really have to watch the line, too. You still might feel the taptap but you will definitely see the tap on the line. I've caught a lot of bass that just picked it up softly and slowly started moving off with it.

I definitely agree with having a hair trigger, too. If I think it even might be a fish then I'm setting the hook.

8. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    sometimes you dont feel it hit but the line just get tight and moves sideways then you set the hook.

9. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I almost always use plastics and in the past I have used some VERY cheap rods for my bass fishing. I couldn't feel a thing when a fish picked up the bait, but I learned to keep a really close eye on the line. I can see the line tightening on me or the tap on the line. Then I'll take up any slack and cross his eyes. Worked pretty good for me.

Now I use better quality rods and can feel the bites, but I still have the old habits too.

10. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I definately agree that a graphite rod, medium or medium heavy depending on how you like it. I prefer a 7' rod when fishing softs plastics. Texas rigs have always been good to me, but lately jig worming/craws have been my go too, as I grew up fishing jigs ang grubs around structure in the rivers for walleyes and smallmouth, so the feel of working a worm jig comes natural, plus at vitually no time do you really go slack as the weight is stationary and you can really feel the pick-ups.