Soft Air gun question? rules?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LadyValea1, Oct 16, 2006.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    My 13yo son was playing with his Air soft plastic gun we bought it for $19 with little plastic bb ... he did shoot me with a couple pellets it stung a bit.
    My question is he took it to the lake to play with while I was fishing.. he was shooting it near the bank of the lake killin grasshoppers and the Lake Patrol warden floated up to him and asked to see it.. The Warden asked what type of gun it was and then handed the gun back to my son and left.
    The pistol has an Orange tip and is clear and you can see the inside workin.
    Is there a rule or law in Texas with BB guns ? air soft pellet gun? is it illegal to kill grasshoppers?:smile2:
    He didn't ask the cop any questions..

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

i am fairly certain that it is in no way illegal to kill grasshoppers and there is probably a law about them in texas.. most states do have laws saying that eye protection must be worn if engaging in any way simulation games.. the cop was probably just checking it over and stuff like that. nothin to worry about, u can go to ask jeeves and ask about the laws if you have any questions though.

3. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    The lake patrol was prolly just making sure it was not a real gun he was carying around. The warden would assume it to be a real gun from far away so he needed to make sure. Just doing his job. I believe the orange tip of the gun is so people can identify it as a toy from a distance.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Just a heads up. There was an episode of COPS on the other day where a punk had painted the end of a real gun orange in order to fool other people into thinking it was a toy.

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

unfortunately that does happen... its a real shame but it has happened in this world.

Ladyvalae, if your son does ever engage in "combat" please be sure he has proper eye protection! thats the only real damage they can do is to your eyes, yes the chances of an eye shot are slim but i did shoot an enemy almost on the eye, luckily he was wearing protection and it just stung like crazy. please be sure he is wearing eye protection!