Soap, lemons.... bleach?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by renji2476, Jun 16, 2008.

1. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I'm just curious if anyone can help me with this... I like to use Magic bait dough balls and I just can't seem to get the smell off of my hands. Yeah I know use gloves but I don't always think straight when someone mentions fishing:wink:, if y'all catch my drift!!! Just wonderin' if anyone knows what works short of washing my hands with bleach a couple of times I am in the dark (and just so that yall know that smell can really mess up your meal time:0a15::0a4:!!! The same goes for the fish smell that comes from shad either way any ideas?:0a36:
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Toothpaste. Yeah I said Toothpaste. Toothepaste works pretty good for getting the stink off your hands. Also that orange hand wash stuff that you buy for getting grease off your hands after ya worked on your truck works pretty good too.

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I use Listerine mouthwash. Just rub it all over your hands and let it set for about 30 seconds. Just a warning, it will sting a little if you have any scratches or cuts. But it will get rid of the smell. I also think it helps the cuts and scrapes heal faster as well.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Kevin on this one. Toothpaste.

5. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Thanks guys I will definitely be trying these to see which one works best this week! I hope that I can get a few more responses from folks just in case some one else wants to know as well. Thanks again!!!:big_smile:

6. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    I guess the toothpaste is first, then rinse it off with the Listerine?:smile2:

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A catfish bait doesnt have stink to high heaven to work.:big_smile:
    Plain ol minnows will catch nice cats.

8. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use shaving cream and a little salt for pumice.

9. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    You could try dishwashing soap like Dawn. It took the Gafftop slime smell off my hands last week, maybe it would work on dough bait stink...

10. Texas Trapper

Texas Trapper New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use liquid dishwashing soap first and then the Listerine(the ugly brown stuff) and I never have a problem and IT DOES HELP WITH THE CUTS AND SCRAPES

11. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I tried to use dishwashing liquid, as well as bodywash, bar soap, and bleach yet nothing worked:angry::angry:!! I think that it might be that it has been in my tackle box (closed) for about a year:big_smile::embarassed::big_smile:!!! I guess that that might have made the "stink" just that much more powerful but it really isn't that strong just stayed on my hands for around 2 days!!! Trust me I am not complaining I just want to be able to eat dinner after a good day of fishing:wink::big_smile: without havin' to smell Magic Bait crawfish flavor. So thanks Guys!!!:big_smile::big_smile:

12. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I saw this metal looking do-dad at Wally world yesterday and it said that it will eliminate any odor that comes from fish, bait or whatever.... has anyone heard of this and does it work? I also wanted to say that I know that there are others out there that have great ways to wash off the stench from their hands so come on and speak up!!!:wink: I'm sure that I am not the only one that can use the advice!!:big_smile::smile2::big_smile:

Thanks Guys!!!
    Jesse

13. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tomatoes are a natural deodorizer. ever hear of a someone taking a bath in tomatoe juice after being sprayed by a skunk? well, it works. I dont readily keep a can of tomatoe juice in my boat , but I do keep a bottle of scent nuetralizing hunting soap in it though. baking soda does a great job too....

14. slowhand

slowhand New Member

State:
    Texas
    Alcohol works very well and evaporates very quickly.ITs something you need handy anyways and does a good cleaning job. oh yea its cheap lol

15. kennivla

kennivla New Member

State:
    Texas
    I always use toothpaste. Place a dab in your hands and rub together. Usually the smells gone!:big_smile:

16. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    I use toothpaste work's good for me.:0a18:

17. sbirnel

sbirnel Member

State:
    TX
    magic stink remover

hydrogen peroxide
    baking soda
    dawn dish soap
    hot water

mix some up in a bowl (measurements not so important) and wash your hands in it, smell GONE! gets rid of skunk smell even...GONE!

18. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    METHYL ETHYL KETONE AKA MEK. IT SUCKS E VERYTHING OUT OF YOUR SKIN. EVEN NATURAL OILS. KILLS EVERY SMELL IMAGINABLE.

19. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Tried the toothpaste this past weekend. Worked real good.

20. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I tried the toothpaste this weekend myself and that really works well!!:big_smile: Only now my hands are white I used crest with whitening!!!:eek:oooh: LOL!!!! Just kidding but it sure did work!!!