Soap for the boat

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Whiskerwhacker, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I have a question that may have already been asked... I looked in the library but didn't see anything right off. Does anyone have any suggestions for a soap product to use in the boat that will not 1. Pollute the water, and 2. not mess up the scent in the fishing area due to suds rinsed off over the side. I see cabelas has a miracle bar that supposedly takes off all smell just by rubbing it on your hands. Seems too good to be true. I'll take all the input I can get.Thanks, Steve

2. Muddler

Muddler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well, I have to admit that when I'm fishing, I don't have much use for soap, but guys use Ivory for bait sometimes, so how much harm could it do to wash your hands with it? Toss in a bar, but unwrap it and let it dry out a little first--lasts longer.

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I use the stuff from Walmart on my truck called Germ-X...You can find it in the pharmacy section at walmart...You just pump it on and it dries on your hands...Never used it for fish smell....But it'll kill the smell of diesel on your hands....You can also look in the household cleaning section and find a box of "disposible" rubber gloves that's put out by Mr. Clean....40 pairs for around $5.....DemoMan

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I've used Lava soap for years,it will get fish smell off your hands.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've got one of those little metal stones to wash your hands with, and believe it or not, it actually works pretty good. I wash my hands with soap first after cleaning fish, then with the metal stone, and can't smell any fish on my hands.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I use liquid dish soap. Even if the whole bottle fell in, the amount of pollution would be minimal. It don't hang around for ever. Course, if you were in some rapids, you may get some suds. lOL

7. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I Use the cheapest tube of toothpaste walmart has .88
    It hasn't bothered my fish bite, and it smells good.

8. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I have the metal bar of "soap" from Cabelas and have been very pleased with it. It works on getting the fish smell off our hands but will not get the smell of "stink bait" off. I have found that time is about all that will completely get "stink bait" smell off.

9. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use the metal bar also... works great if you follow the instructions to the letter.