Soaking a new throw net

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by STICKBENDER, Mar 27, 2007.

1. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anyone know what you can use to soak a new net to make it softer, thought I read once to soak in fabric softener. I knwo they make a commercial net tratment for this but I don't have any and would rather use what I have if possible.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Bob, put your net in a five gallon bucket and fill it with water. Throw a couple capfulls of fabric softner in there and leave it over night. By Morning, your net will be soft and pliable, and will sink faster too. As well, whenever your not using your net, its best to hang it from the halyard ring. Hang it hi enough where the weights are off the ground. If you dont, next time you get it out your net will have a big balloon in it and it wont sink as fast. Hope this helps.

3. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    It will get more manageable with use. Just like getting us out of bed in the morning. I move around a bit and it gets easier.

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Bob this is what we do with all our shrimp nets and it works just as good as if not better than the commercial net treatment

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Great post thanks for the infro Guys gonna soak mine now:cool2:

6. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for tyhe info, I thought I had read something to this nature before. Thanks again

Also based on this info do not put your jeans on before they are completely dry ;^)

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I ditto this post. It works for me.:lol: :big_smile:

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN