So, YOU don't want to CPR, I'm sorry for you

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by AwShucks, Aug 19, 2009.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
  2. Gills4Flats

Gills4Flats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Give it a few months, Mercury will be good for you.... these Idiots have no Clue, hell they find high mercury levels in fish that are caught in the artic circle FAR from any pollution lol.

I agree on not polluting tho, I would not put a mercury in the water, JonnyRudes for me :wink:

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm not a developing fetus of a kid. I will still eat a few, but no kidding I only eat cats from epa ok'd water and then just a few a month. There are a lot of waters around here that have a no cunsumption advisory already and things are getting worse.Work at getting the environment clean and you wont have to worry about CPR.:wink:

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good article, thanks. One thing it fails to mention is that bigger fish have a lot more mercury in them than smaller fish, and it doesn't even mention other things like PCB's, Dieldrin, and Toxaphene, among others. In my favorite GA river, the DNR recommends that people do not eat blues over 32" at all because of contaminants. It's sad that we can't eat fish without worrying about what's in them.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm soo glad I live where I do.:wink:

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Mercury consumed by eating fish can damage the nervous system and cause learning disabilities

That explains alot .....lol

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  8. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri

Yes its all the people here on BoC that dont do CPR and they pollute ....:eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

I think you guys should stop useing your computers cause your causing a major power problem and quit usein your fishing reels due to the casting of the line is brakeing the wind flow its causing major storms in California.

Oh and also i would like to add for all you nasty polluteing people send your outboards to my house i have a scrap yard in the back and i will pay top dollar for scrap metal ill give 100 bucks per Running Outboard no matter what size or HP...:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

9. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    I have to disagree with this article. The EpA will do anything to scare people. My grandpa has been eating catfish all of his life and is still alive. As far as bigger cats having alot of mercury in them that is BS! I have a great grandma that is 89 yrs old and has been eating catfish frim the mighty mo river all of her life and she is fine. like i said the epa is just trying to scare people.

10. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Heavy metals like mercury tend to be stored in fat. Remove the fat from the fish, as well as any dark meat, the blood line, and the skin. You should be fine.

If the EPA wants to talk about mercury, perhaps they should address the mercury contained in vaccines.

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Just be aware that that is the opposite of what they say, for example, Missouri's advisory and preparation advice .. http://www.dhss.mo.gov/fishadvisory/09FishAdvisory.pdf

"Since metals do not tend to concentrate in fatty tissue, filleting, trimming fat, or special cooking methods will not reduce the levels of mercury."

12. rocco641

rocco641 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have ate alot of fish out of some real Holes and im not glowing green:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  13. rocco641

rocco641 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    also do you guys eat store bought meat? thats where you better worry:crazy: do you people actually know what is being injected into this stuff? check it out some time,I think you would be glad to consume a little mercury :wink:

14. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
    thats it we are all gonna die ... i just found out the ive been touching lead sinkers my whole life ... and also when i ride down the road with my windows down the exhaust from the other cars will kill me ..

and to top it off i have city water OMG!......

Im raffeling off my boat for 50.00 bucks you got a chance to win my boat as soon as i get 500 people the raffle will start..:roll_eyes:

I wonder how everyone lived in this country with out the EPA and all the test and the only thing that's good for you is makeing sure you pay your tax's..

I would like to let you guys know your Computer screen is the reason your not haveing good luck catching the fish you want ... It has bad rays comeing off it and when you put your bait on the hook the fish knows what kinda computer moniter your useing and only like the 3000.00 sony 65 inch lcd tv's . Be right back gonna run to best buy to grab a sony tv.

15. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I neber dib doob one time longo.

16. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
    LMAO!:0a27::0a31:

17. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
  18. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think all it means is that everyone should be aware of advisories where you catch your fish at, especially if the kids are eatin' it too, which is a concern for me because I have 2 young boys. I'm not gonna stop eatin' fish, but I am more careful of the size fish I eat and where they're caught.

19. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Agreed 110%! I never worry about eating fish and never will but having Lexi here with me I dont eat as much as I once did. Im not so much concerned about my health but a developing body such as hers is vulnerable to toxins. We will still eat fish once a month or so but how much we eat and definately how much she eats is is limited.

20. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks Lawrence for a informative read. It confirms the warnings we've been hearing about for years. I eat catfish about once a month and it is only bluecats around 5 lbs. They taste the best to me and have very little of the contaminents in them....compared to the much larger cats being eaten by others.:wink: