So with all this rain....

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by mudcreeker, May 1, 2009.

1. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Would it be worth it to go out this weekend and fish the creeks? I'd hate to sit out in the rain for nothing. But I figure it'd be easier to get a catfish to bite than it would to get a turkey to gobble...

2. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    When the water is high, I find a the closest bridge over a creek that is near where it drains into the larger body of water. You can really tear up the cleaner sized channels! Hope this helps!

3. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Yeah, that's bout the size I'm wanting. I'm lookin to fill the fryer and my belly with some fresh fried fish, maybe a hush puppy or two, crock pot full of beans, fried taters, lil iced tea..... mmmmmmmm mmmmm!

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Get some worms, shad guts or chicken liver. Fish where the creeks run into the lake and you shoud catch a bunch of eating size channels. I plan on going 1 day this weekend.
    Welcome to the BOC

5. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    If it don't quit raining soon, the little bridge I have in mind might be under water. Most bait shops sell shad guts? I saw an ol boy using some last weekend and he seemed to be doing OK. I've never really targeted channels before, mostly a flat head fan.

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I think shad guts are hard to find now, you can check the bait shops where you fish to see. Also you can use dip bait or garlic hotdogs.

7. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Heck any hotdog is good catfish bait. Ya just cant sling it hard. Even on a trotline you have to let it go gently so as not to rip the dog chunks off. But IMO you can have the channels the meat is yellow and hard to get the muddy taste out of them. At least with flatheads you can bleed them and get them to taste ok. My favorite cats are blues or miss******* whites. Next month the miss whites should be running in eufaula. makes for excellent jugging north side of I-40.

Foggy :cool2:

8. fire6

fire6 New Member

State:
    wagoner okla
    went this morning caught one about 8 LB going again tonight :big_smile:

9. Bullheaded

Bullheaded Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    We were at texoma this weekend and the water rose around 7 foot since friday. the fishing was good friday but slowed some saturday.