So why did the Colts lose to the Chargers

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Ketch, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Let's take a little poll on why the Colts really lost yesterday.

Is it Peyton's 6 INT's
    Viniteri's 2 missed fg
    The Chargers return team
    Colts special teams can't stop someone
    Dungy taking the last time out with nothing to gain
    Referees and bad calls
    Chargers were better because they were embarassed about their loss to the Vikings (had to include my boys somewhere)

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Lots of turnovers...
    That ball looked pretty slipperly...

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I think the blame should be put on the Colts coverage team first and foremost.

Yeah, Viniteri cost them 6 points, but the special teams cost them 14.:crazy:

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    So why did the Colts lose to the Chargers?

Well,if I'm not mistaken,they didn't score enough points.LMAO:wink: Was that the answer you were looking for?:confused2: Did I win,did I win,did I win?:crazy:

5. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    and of course that answer came from Iowa.....:wink:

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa

Thank ya,Thank ya,very much.:big_smile:

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Oh,BTW, where is Floyd of Rosedale residing at now days?:wink: I got so excited answering that trivia question about the Colts and Chargers I forgot to say anything about the Hawkeyes beating the Goofers.LMAO:cool2:

8. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    How much heat do you think Norv Turner would have gotten if they lost that game after being up that much? Who in there right mind would fire Marty after going 14-2 and hire Norv anyway? Ok, maybe there was some personal issues with Marty, but Norv????? Come on, hire a coach with a good rep. Don't care much for the Chargers anyway. Just doesn't make sense. Sounds like something the Cowboys do on a regular basis. Hire a good coach (Jimmy & Bill), make a good team, then fire the good coach and hire your friend. The only difference is, it works for the Cowboys and not the Chargers.

9. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    ....and that will be the next good thing to come outta iowa, when we get 'em back.

10. br7874884

br7874884 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    as much as i dont like the chargers i was tickeled to death to see them beat the colts. i hated to see ad get hurt, wish he would have had the chance to go to a decent team. now we need to hope for the best for the packers cause grandpa farve only has 2 more games left in him. his old bones are too brittle for that dallas defense. cowboys 34, packers 13.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Adan Vinateri needs to go back to New England with the rest of those cheaters!

My hats off to the Chargers return team.

When I thought the Horse finally had a reliable kicking game, Vinateri decides to stink it up. We already had one kicker name Vanderjaght that screwed it up for the Colts.

Colts will take their frustration out on Kansas City this weekend with a major blowout and finish the year 13-3 like most years.

12. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah Blacky, the first thing I thought about when Vinatieri missed that field goal was Mike Vanderjaqt.lol Then the announcers brought him up.:angry: That horrible kicker cost the Colts atleast one or two trips to the AFC Championship game or the Super Bowl. Vinatieri better get his whits about him. And fast. The Colts claimed Simeon Rice yesterday. He's older but he's still got some gas in the tank. He's a past pro-bowler and used to play for Dungy when he coached the Tampa Bay Buccs. Freeney will be out for atleast a month. Bob Sanders is hurt now. Here I'll just put the whole list of injured players on here:
    All starters,
    DT Anthony McFarland (torn achilles) out for season
    LB Rob Morris (torn quad/abdomen) out for season
    LB Freddy Keiaho (dislocated elbow/concussion) 5 games missed
    WR Marvin Harrison (bruised knee), 4 games missed
    OT Tony Ugoh (neck) 3 games missed
    LB Tyjuan Hagler (neck) 2 games missed
    S Matt Giordano (hamstring) 2 games missed
    RB Joseph Addai (chest) 1 game
    S Bob Sanders (ribs) 1 game
    TE Dallas Clark (concussion) 1 game missed
    TE Ben Utech (concussion) 1 game
    DE Raheem Brock (neck) 1 game missed
    WR Anthony Gonzalez (thumb) 1 game missed

There you have it fellas, with these key players injured, the close loss to the Patriots and the Chargers really doesn't seem that bad to me. If these players would have been healthy the result would have been different. Hopefully we'll have some of these players back for the post season.

13. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Why did the Colts lose? Could be all of the above.Its the NFL.The chargers are really a good team but with issues.Hey it doesnt go with out saying Manning had a bad day IT Happens He's human just like us.The Colts will bounce back.

14. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    You can't blame your whole game on a kicker in my opinion. If your that good, you better not be leaving your game in the kickers hands. Yes, Viniteri deserves a part of the blame, but I think PM deserves as much if not more for 6 INT's.

Just another tidbit that I'm sure you'll love Ryan, the Colts did not have enough players to suit up to the maximum of 45. They could only field 44 players. And that does not happen very often in the NFL. But, everyone has injuries and that is the reason why you have backups. Sometimes the team that wins doesn't have the best players, but has the most good players.

I still think the Colts cover team and and the Chargers return team were the main reason of the loss.

15. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    They lost because they were a little to confident. They figured to make it a game, they will spot the Chargers 23 points and then come back and beat them. Only thing is, they didn't figure in the rain. Everyone knows you only spot someone 20 points in the rain because the most clutch kicker of all time can't make a 29 yard field goals in the rain!

BTW the Chargers offense is atrocious still. Only seven points off of 6 Manning interceptions... They are lucky to have won that game.

16. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'd say it still has to be the kicker when his name is Vinateri. He was brought in to be the guy who wins them games like this (which he did for the Pats and Brady). However, the past two games he's missed kicks. That 29 yarder is just completely inexcusable. You should hit that 999 times out of 1000 as a professional kicker. You just can't miss that kick no matter what the circumstances. Unfortunately that's the world of an NFL kicker. I think they should get all the credit when they win the game for a team, but they should get most of the blame when they miss a chip shot like that one. Just unbelievable.

17. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Definatly a combination of all those reasons you guys already mention. To blame the injuries for your team loosing is not valid, check out all the other teams in the NFL, everyone has injuries and players not able to suit up for whatever reason. The reality is that is still 11 vs. 11 on the field. My beloved Bears have been decimated by injuries just like anyother team, but the next guy up needs to step up and make plays, of course there is a reason they are not starting and the skill level is diferent, but the other teams have their problems too. The chargers were without some starters also.
    The INTs did not amount for a lot of points but the special teams play did, so I think that is probably what cost them the game.

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Excuses are still for losers!

The Geldings might have actually won that game if peeton wouldn't have thrown 6 ints. The Bolts are a decent team but their coach sucks. Even with all your injurys the geldings should have won.

19. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I wouldn't count on that happening in the near future. We just let you have a little taste of him this last year,now he's home to stay, where he rightfully belongs.:big_smile:

20. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    History is on our side my friend. Minnesota leads all time in the battle for floyd 39-32-2.:wink::tounge_out::wink: