So who's fishin

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Apache Flats, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I have'nt heard much this year from you guys this season on catching flats. Are some of you like me and working too much??? That is the reason I have only been out twice this year once in March and the other time in June. :embarassed: Really hope I get out at least a couple more times this year. Really ~~~BUMS ME OUT~~~

2. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    hey anthony I know you plan on coming up soon so i wanted to let you know that i went to bartlett wed night. In the morning on the way back from the river we seen dead bass floating on top of the water all the way back to the marina. I seen one about every 1/2 mile or so. I didnt see any cats floating. maybe theres something going on with the water thats affecting just the bass.
    I didnt have much luck myself back in the river but I did get a late start. my gills died fast. I caught 1 5lb channel on a gill. I did run into littlemonster23 he had better luck fishing the main lake. his new avatar is what he caught on wed.

3. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    I will be in Havasu on the 11th and I will be there for 2 weeks. I plan on getting a little fishing done.

4. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    How did the water look was it discolored? Any algae up river and did you see ole Dave up there in his time capsule?

5. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    I didnt notice any algae, water didnt look unusual to me. I didnt see dave up there this week.

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I went over the weekend and I saw a lot of dead bass as well...

But there were much more live healthy bass..

* I must have thrown my cast net about 200 times on this trip and caught a lot of bass this way...

* Lots of big thread fin shad as well as catfish and carp were turning up on my attempts for bait...

7. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    Was there any bas tournies last week? Two weeks ago the water looked great, and didn't see any bass tournies going on. I've see many LMB killed from night bass tournies over the years and not just at Bartlett. Just a thought, could be wrong.

8. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Andy, how are you and how was the catfishing? I will be trying my hardest to go in two weeks if not I will have to wait till the third week in September. :confused2:

9. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    lets just give up on bartlett. anyplace that easy to catch bait is not that easy for the flats.