So!!!!! Who's been fishin'? And what did you catch?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by BIGCATFISH64, May 8, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    So! I've not been able to go for a few days, and it's hurts, got screwed up by water levels being too high last wednesday, and hopefully I'll get to go next week!! Anybody get to go and fish as of late? And,:dribble::0a23: did you do any good?

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    been catching smallmouths n eyes. havent fished for cats yet this season:crazy:

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    The only thing I've been catching is snot flying out of 6 nostrils!:eek:oooh: 3 sick kids is NOOOOOOOOO fun!

4. Ozz

Ozz New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Yes! I have been cat fishin. I had to get the "Old Fisherman" out. That's my dad. He took me fishin when I couldn't drive now I'm returning the favor. We caught 8 channels weighing from 3 lbs-12 lbs, from a boat, in 3 feet of water in the back slews of the deepest lake in Wisconsin, Big Green Lake. Had a big bluegill die off in the slews, water temps at that time were 60-63 degree (04/18/09). This is my favorite lake and I've yet to meet ahuman being who has caught as many Cats from the slews as me the olden time dude. People ae affraid to go back there because of depth problems, but it's worth it.
    I recently got an annual fishing license in Ill. and went to a Lake called Arrowhead lake. This was a learning expirence. What I saw was a gang of blue gills followed by a school of 1/2 lb-21/2 lbs. Large mouth bass. The rig was simple the gill catch was plentiful. When I saw that people were having problems catching the bass I, put on my all time favorite lure. 1/16 roadrunner, with the maraboo head, chartruse feathers, with a blade. I caught 11 bass, which I released. The on duty Firemen who had taken time to fish the lake with their $144.00 rigs and $20.00 lures claimed follows and misses began to wonder? I told them these fish are bullies that get really turned on by something that effects all their senses. They looked at the lure I was fishing with, which was 1/2 the size of what they used and said, "ooohkay". and continued chunkin away. I swam the lure as if it was evading a predetor, accompanied by short off rhythem jerks, but not so bad that I would miss fish and not too slow that I would turn fish off. (Sight, sound, vibration for feel) oh I did neglect to tell them about the bottle of Trout rough liquid I dipped the lure in for smell) do you think I shouldv'e? Good fishing my brotha.

5. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I guess you're next, huh?:eek:oooh:

6. ooks

ooks New Member

State:
    Dunkirk IN
    Went to the Wabash Friday night boated 4 channel all together. Water temp right at 59 degrees. All caught in 4 to 5 feet of water. Bait of choice was shrimp, cut bait not a nibble. Overcast sky's cleared and the moon came out and bite was off. Need to get me a camera, 7, 4 , and 2 dinks. Ooks

7. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    It sounds like swine flu to me!!!!!!:wink:

8. shadchucker

shadchucker New Member

State:
    indiana
    A buddie and I went to waveland yesterday caught 42 crappies and 15 gills.

Attached Files:

9. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey dude! long time no see! been busy have you?:big_smile:

10. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, I caught a gobbler. Ready to fish now, no doubt.

11. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Ozz, Welcome to the BOC!!!

12. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Ozz brother, welcome to the BOC!!! Hope you like it here. You'll find lots of helpful things here and some really good people too!!!!!!:smile2:

13. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Got out yesterday at a residential lake in Brown County. Got a nice mess of bluegills and a few bass to go along with it. Caught my first cat of the year...a 5lbs channel on my light tackle set-up. All fish were caught on nightcrawlers and minnows. I had a pole baited with live sunfish all day, had some decent tugs but no takers.

14. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Those channels sure are fun on light tackle.:smile2:

15. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sure are. 6lb test requires much finesse with a good size channel, especially in a lake like that which is chuck full of stumps and timber.

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    LOL, I have a buddy that is a strict bass nerd and hung about a 25 lb flattie on a 6lb test in my pond..... he just handed his pole to me.... I landed that dude after a bit.... men and mouse.:wink:

17. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Got out this past Monday, had the best big cat night I've ever had for the amount of time I was out. I caught 4 fish in a few hours, smallest was 15lbs and biggest was 26lbs. 3 Flatties and a Blue! Was using fresh skippies and live bluegill on the bottom. The blue was in 2 feet of water, he hit a skipjack head!

Been a while since I've been on the site, good to be back. I had a break-in back in December and they took a bunch of my fishing gear and my quad. I was more mad about my rods than my 450R. Glad to see this year start out on a good note.

Good luck this year everyone!

Attached Files:

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good job bro!!! Good to see ya out and about!

19. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice fish Eric. Where abouts were you fishin?

20. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Those are some really nice fish bro!! Glad you did'nt let some lowlife thief set you back and get you down. Thanks for sharing the pics!:0a23: