So, Who sells the HOTTEST WINGS!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Netmanjack, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last week my family was out in the Big Town (Columbus) Our oldest was dieing to get me to try some hot wings he found at a place call QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE. Shawn also thought that Riley boy would like to see the race cars hanging from the ceiling and walls. I'm obliged to say that they have a nice restaurant, but the fierceness of their ATOMIC WINGS was way over rated. Out of sixteen kinds of wings the last two were Suicide and Atomic in that order. When I ask for the Atomic ones the server tried to talk me out of them. I said bring them on and he said he didn't think I under stood just how hot they were. Then he looked over at my boy Shawn as if to confirm my madness. Shawn nodded his affirmation and the waiter left, only to return with a waver that I had to sign, releasing them from any responsibility for my health. lol Why have them on the menu if you are so reluctant to sell them? Once delivered, all eyes were on me as I chomped in to the biggest one. Truthfully I was expecting at least a two hour burn after all the build up, but they were not that bad. The flavor was quite pleasant and the heat was right up their but not as I had expected. I enjoyed only about an hour after burn. By eating all of them(with only a slightly runny nose and no tears) I am now recognized on their infamous WALL OF FLAME!! lol I am up for another challenge now. Can any one direct me to another establishment that can test my prowess in my quest for hot! lol Oh yeah, the even gave me a special bumper sticker. "cool" lmao
    :sweat:

2. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i found the wings i thought was the hottes at bw3

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm not familiar with them James. Where are they located?
    By the way welcome to the BOC

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jack BW3 is Buffalo Wild Wings, I dont know how you could stand those at Quaker S&L they burnt me up. But in a way the are not that hot at first it was the afterburn that got me. Oh and there are BW3's all over the place you should be able to find them with no problem.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't know about the wings. Especially in your area. I know that whenever I order wings, I always order the hottest ones, and am disappointed every time. Why even call them hot wings if they are not hot? Just call them buffalo wings and call it good. Then again, nothing is hot to me anymore after being duped into eating a habanero whole. I ate it alright. With a straight face and all. I said "That ain't very hot at all." But I was lieing! I think that pepper killed all the nerve endings in my tongue.

6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    There is a little bar in Erie PA called Chippers and if you want some good wings and maybe a beer that is the place to be. They have like 200 different flavored wings from mustard to atomic hot but my personal; favorite is the cajun. So if you are ever in that area stop by and check out Chippers you wont be disappointed

7. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    you want good hot wings you have to make them yourself i take a few habenaro peppers put them in a blender and blend them on hi till they are just a paste then add some jack daniels to it till i can put a spoon in it and it runs off then i cook the mix on the stove till it is real thick ( thicker than the original habenaro paste ) then i will add this to a store bought hot wing sauce my personal favorite right now is budweiser hot wing sauce just a little off the paste goes a long way and add andy's seasoning salt to wings right when they come out of the oil before you add the sauce

8. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Definately have to go with Buffalo Wild Wings. I could eat those almost everyday if i had a steady supply.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Jack, I'm not sure we can help you in this quest :big_smile:. I think you've killed too many of your taste buds already, buddy :lol:. I'm not a hot wing kind of a girl, but I've been told by quite a few folks that Zaxby's has some good ones. It's a chicken joint - they serve wings, tenders, sandwiches and salads. A normal plate comes with extra crispy crinkle cut fries, Texas toast, and slaw......with wings you get your standard carrot and celery sticks, etc. On the appetizer menu you can find spicy fried mushrooms and freshly made potato chips. Here are the wing flavors that they serve:

Wimpy - the perfect way to ease into some zest; a mild, yet zesty flavor that makes the taste buds explode.

Original - the perfect wing for the customer that says, "I'm from Buffalo, NY and I haven't had a good wing since I left there!"

Tongue Torch - Wimpy's naughty cousin that is a step upward on the heat scale and is the most popular flavor.

Nuclear - Perfect if you like a little more heat without completely annihilating your taste buds.

Insane - Jutht to warn you, thith thauth ith really, really hot. It's the hottest flavor they can sell without their liability rates increasing :wink:.

Teriyaki - A sweet and tangy taste of the Orient, just in case your date had in mind a Chinese buffet for dinner.

BBQ - They wouldn't be self-respecting southerners if they didn't offer this sauce.

Hot Honey Mustard - Flavorful, yet bittersweet. A hint of hot, a hint of honey, a hint of mustard.

www.zaxbys.com

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

In Lexington, S.C. there used to be a resteraunt named Elaine's that served some wings than took my breath away. Eye's watering, snot rolling out, hard to breath and ears were even draining. Boy thoses were good wings. I don't know if the place is still there but, it was a favorite of the police, fired and EMS guys and girls. There is another place in Lexington, NC that, like the place you went to, claims to have the "hottest" wings, good flavor and good texture but, very little bite.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jack, go to Hilliard Rome Road off of 70 west just past 71 split. About a mile or so north on the road is a place called "Nike Sports Lounge" I have had the so called hotest wings from every establishment around. These are by far the hotest. Heck, let me know when you can go and we'll tear em up, lol.

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Matt, thanks buddy. My step daughter and her husband live just off of Hilliard Rome Rd. very close to Roberts Rd. I'll let you know next time I'm in the neighborhood.

13. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    In my humble opinion, I believe Wing-stop has the hottest wings.
    Due to the heat, I believe they use capsicum oil, as well as habernaros and thai peppers. They put Buffalo Wild Wings to shame.
    Will
    http://www.wingstop.com/locations.asp

14. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    if in NJ visit charley's bar in sommers point if you can finish 12 of there top guns they give you a free t shirt i have about 8 of them in tulsa oklahoma there is a place called the wing stop they have some hot wings too if you come to the keystone gathering ill take u to get some for lunch i love hot!!!!!! wings too and have never met a wing i cant handle

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man! you guys are making my mouth water. lol:smile2:

16. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Local watering hole called "Why Not bar & lounge". They mandate a pitcher of (your choice) cold beverage and a full roll of paper towels with each order. This would be their "Atomic wings" on their menu. Im pretty sure that once every two weeks a nuclear waste truck pulls up to the back of the building and drops off the secret ingredient!:wink:

Kenny

17. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Jack it sounds like you just need to make up some of your own wings. I make some of with TSS rattlesnake dust and that's about all I can handle. There should be plenty of super hot sauces, or dry spices to try out and make your own....maybe you'll invent something to destroy your tastebuds.:big_smile:

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Chris, Rattlesnake Dust is my favorite, try it on a steak or ribs too.yum,yum. I have enough ingredients here at home to make wings to hot to eat. I'm no fool! lol Just wondering if there is a regular place that really dose have atomic wings that are too hot to handle.:eek:oooh:

19. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've learned that no place has really hot wings...or chilli. That is why I carry my own sauce in the truck with me everywhere I go. Put a little Dave's Extreme Insanity sauce on them and enjoy! Be careful; that stuff will take the paint off the walls. If you have to pee afterward, you had better put on some rubber gloves or sit down!

20. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    When I was stationed in NC at Camp LeJeune, a place called "Pizza City" had what they deemed "Suicide" hot wings, they were really hot, and I have been looking for something similar.

Aaron

TA2D