So who is turkey hunting this spring.

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BajaCoop, Apr 21, 2008.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Turkey season started this morning and I was wondering how many of the gateway guys are going to chasing longbeards this year.

2. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will be hitting the woods friday morning. Have all my gear ready to packup thursday night and head to my place. Have a safe and great hunt.

3. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Man I want to but I haven't found a place to hunt yet. Gonna go and check some public ground out this week. Good luck out there everyone.

4. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I didnt send off for tags maybe next year. Good luck and stay safe if you are heading out!!

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I hunted this morning. Stinkin hen intercepted the pass. They gobbled off the roost but flew down and never gobbled again. It'll get better when they go to nest and set.

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Are they henned up John, I have yet to see one in strut this year or hear a gobble. Of course I have only been looking from the truck.:smile2: I have seen a couple of nice gobblers but nothing in strut yet. I think I am gonna wait until the second week to get going this year, I need to scope out some public ground. Good luck sounds like you have found some to get after.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well sad to say I will not be this year........ :cry::cry::cry:

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I got a jake this morning about 9:15. Was setup hoping to get a crack at a big bird when I heard a couple shots in his general direction so I figured somebody else had got him. Well about 9:00 my uncle calls and said that big bird was standing right where I was hunting this morning so he's still alive for next week. :smile2: