So who is deer hunting this weekend.

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BajaCoop, Nov 9, 2008.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Wonder what other gateway members are going to be hitting the woods this weekend.

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I went out yesterday for a morning and afternoon hunt, seen 13 yesterday morning 5 of them were small bucks then went out last night and seen 9 and one of them was a nice buck, i think i am going to try to set up on him tomorrow and try my luck:wink: maybe just maybe if im lucky he will make a mistake and wonder to within 20 yards of my stand:roll_eyes:

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I'm headin to camp either Thursday or Friday. This year I will be able to hunt 8 day out of the buck season & 7 days out of the doe season. Yahoooooo! I may actually hunt instead of stay in camp.:wink:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    So kutter does come out of the cave when it's cold!! LOL

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Found a dandy here yesterday but i got plans to go to Truman this weekend:eek:oooh: I can only take 1 doe in this county and wanted to fill the freezer up north, but the lure of a potential record book buck may make me wait on nanny season to make a trip north. I'll figure something out and if i'm alive i'll be in the woods before daylite this weekend. Good luck everyone.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Of course I do! Who told you different?:wink:

Suppose somebody thought such a thing because I won't go fishing once the water freezes over. You know, once it dips way down low into the 60's.:wink:

After all, all good fisherman know that the air feels colder on water than on land.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like the cave idea myself unless ya run out of essentials, sippin whiskey, snuff or a few vittles.:smile2:

8. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    went out sat. evening and shot a pretty nice 8 pt. not a monster but a good buck for archery.been seeing lots of deer mostly small bucks and does.this weekend I will be good to shoot another one.

Attached Files:

9. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I will be heading out Friday morning, I guess ill save the rest of my Bow season for after rifle season. Ill have are woods to myself. Meaning i wont have all the 4 wheelers running around.

10. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    Way to go Behiter! Congrats that's a nice deer for sure! but where is the 8th point, he looks like a 7 pointer to me, either way that's a nice deer. I haven't gave you any crap in such a long time I couldn't help myself. I was supposed to go after a nice deer I seen the other day and mysteriously my alarm didn't go off this morning.:sad2:

11. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Nice buck! I'm taking off work all next week just to gun hunt. Originally I was going to take off last week to bow hunt the rut, but I got my biggest bow buck a few weeks back so I just moved it to gun season. :smile2:

We've still got a couple nice ones running around so hopefully they'll show themselves during rifle or muzzleloader season. :roll_eyes:

Here's a pic of my bow buck and a pic of a buck my cousin got first morning of youth season. Both deer were taken within 50 yards of each other although on different days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    I went out tonight and seen a few bucks two of them where shooters for sure, I have a good feeling about tomorrow,my fingers are cross.:wink:

13. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I know there are some good deer around my hunting spot i just hope that they show themselves.

Looking forward to actually having some cold weather during deer season, should get them up and moving.

14. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I am glad to see you guys having some success. I am hoping to get out soon. Every year until now I have spent SERIOUS time in the timber.

Unfortunately this year, the overtime issues have made living life outside of work a rarity:sad2:.

I have not even made it out yet this year. An unfortunate new record for me. Hoping to change that soon. Maybe some sick days in my future. I'll call in "sick of not being able to fish or hunt" :smile2:

Good luck to ya'll!!!

15. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Brentkeele.....well just look at all that extra money you'll have to spend on more hunting and fishing stuff for next year atleast.:smile2:

Good luck to everybody who's going this weekend.

16. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri

Congrats on the nice buck John. I just took my first deer with bow and arrow last night. It isn't the biggest buck ever but it is a nice first deer with my bow. Here are a couple pics.

Attached Files:

17. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Congrats Steve!

I've always wanted to bow hunt. I grew up hunting in Montana and have harvested some pretty nice bucks, but have never taken a deer here in Missouri or by bow. One of these days I will have to get back into hunting. Seeing all these pics are bringing back alot of fond memories!

Congrats again Steve! Way to go!

18. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Rat,

I think it's important to note that Nessie saw the deer bed down in his back yard just as it was getting dark. He just walked onto his porch and took aim. I figured the well manicured yard would tip more people off.

While his neighbors are tickled that the critter that's been eating their flowers all summer has been terminated, I did hear some grumblings that they weren't pleased with the gut pile next to their driveway.......... but what are you going to do.

So, it's probably nothing like you stalking bucks in Montana.

19. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

ROFLMFAO!!!!

Greg that is funny chit right there!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

I did notice the well manicured St. Augustine sod and figured he was cruising around the fairway in his golf cart feeding the deer apples as they walked up to him. Then decided to pop that one as he took the apple and walked away.:crazy::eek:oooh:

(just kidding steve!)

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats Steve. Nice bow kill. Saw a 10 pointer Sunday morning at 10 AM while setting by my barn. Hope he shows up Sat. morning.