So who else is ready for winter to end.....?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BKS72, Feb 28, 2009.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Sitting here after a hard day of fabricating on the boat and working on my gear and I've finally given up. All this is in vain. Spring, let alone summer, is never coming. I might as well post this stuff on eBay and forget about it:smile2: The last two weeks every spare minute I've had has either been working on the boat, pouring sinkers, or tooling around the web stocking up on odds and ends for the tackle box. Got 200 skippies in the freezer even. I'm thinking showing that I'm so diligent and serious about fishing might tempt whatever it is that controls the weather to cut me some slack, but so far it ain't working. I feel like that kid who's been good all year and still only gets clothes for Christmas:confused2:

Made an anchor, spooled up the new reels, heck, I even cleaned all the old tape and other crap off my rods. And it's STILL only 28 stinkin' degrees out:smile2:

This weekend I'll hopefully get the tilt and trim installed on Das Boot and then I'm about out of stuff to do to get ready to fish other than about 15 minutes of welding some rod bases to the gunnels in the front of the boat. The only thing that's making me even a little happy is that the dang jet skiers ain't on the water either:smile2:

Oh, well, about July I'll search for this post to remind myself to quit cussing the heat and mosquitoes.....:wink:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some buddies of mine have been slaying big blues down at LOZ. Toughen up Branden! :smile2: Kidding! ...I hate winter too. I love to fish, but not THAT much. Spring is just around the corner, don't you worry.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Not even gonna argue, I freely admit I'm a big sissy when it comes to cold weather fishing:smile2:

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

DUDE!!! from what I seen on the map you may be shoveling snow in the morning! :smile2: :smile2:

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I know. What a load of #$%^:smile2: I think I'm gonna put on the Carhartts, sit under my new canopy on the boat in the driveway, and pretend I'm fishing. I'll catch just as many fish and I can go in every half hour or so and get a warm cup of cocoa:smile2:

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Think a lot of people are ready for spring. Cabin fever is setting in. Won't be long now.Seems like if ya can get through february, ya got it made.:wink:

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Take a look outside Brandon, winter definitely ain't left us yet...

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You all killin me(LOL) done had the boat out twice and broke it:crazy:it wont be down when it warms up again I guarentee it(LOL).......it's a comming just relax:smile2:

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I was going fishing in the morning now they are saying rain miixed with snow here in middle Ga what is going on

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I hate winter also. Looking out the window and it is snow hard as I am writing this. I was going to go to Truman today but wimped out. I cant wait to get on the water.

Tom

11. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    I feel for yea bro. If I brake another toilet do to casting a 3 oz. egg weight into it the wife will probably brake my a$$!!!:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    We got another 5 inches of snow overnight. I know it helps fill our lakes, streams and rivers, but Id rather have it in the form of spring rain. Ive been waiting for witner to end since January 2nd.:smile2:

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    is getting really old for me. I have a 3 foot drift on my roof. Come on Spring!!:roll_eyes:

14. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Don't give up hope next weeks KC forecast:

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 51
    Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 57
    Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 68
    Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.

It's right around the corner:wink:

15. ridgerunner2

ridgerunner2 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well guys i hope it starts gettin better for me down here in ar. yall got some really big fish we hardly ever see that unless it came out of a net i wouldnt mind pullen one about half that size up out of the water i mean we have some nice sized crappie but my thing is catfishen all kinds of ways poles lines yoyo

16. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Only problem with that forcast is the time, it will do Mr. B, absolutely NO GOOD! :smile2: :smile2: Me thinks ya better start fishing the salt water Branden............:tounge_out: with them "toids"

17. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Too freakin' true:smile2: I'm in CA from Monday - Thursday next week. Probably get back just in time for the next Arctic blast to hit KC:smile2:

18. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I usually fish right on through winter....but this winter is just lingering on and on and on. I walked outside yesterday and saw a mated pair of Bluebirds busily going about preparing there spring time nest box and saw 100's of robins flying into the area. After looking at the calendar.....its only 20 more days until the first day of spring.....it will be here before you know it. I have made all my preperations, new lines on all reels, tackle box is good to go, just waiting on water temps to rise now and then it is on!!!!!:wink:

19. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Branden, are you done with the modifications yet? If winter keeps going I'm expecting to see that you bought a bunch of aluminum and built your own boat from scratch. Hope that canopy works good for ya.

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I fish year round, but do most my overnighters when it warms. I am looking forward to spring:cool2: