So, when's everyone's squirrel opener???

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by blindfly69, Jul 20, 2007.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Aug 18 for me in ky

2. dragon86

dragon86 New Member

State:
    west frankfort illinios
    aug. 1 going camping for a week and going to be fishing and hunting the whole time.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sept.15th i think got my dog already warmed up.

4. pat muckelroy

pat muckelroy New Member

State:
    texas
    I have no closed season on squirrel in the part of Texas I live in. I look forward to hunting them after deer season closes and that is the latter part of January here. Nothing like a still, clear, cold morning with a good squirrel dog and my favorite .22 rifle.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    It's September 1st here in Ohio. They followed KY's lead and started mid-August for a couple years but then went back to September. :angry:

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i love our early season, but i always forget to factor in how hot its gonna be lol, still have fun though

7. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    There is no closed season here, but I don't shoot them when they have young in the nest. I spent too much time fishing last year and they did me out of the Pecan crop. We normally harvest a tow sack full of Pecans off the trees around the house. We have a Rat Terrier that spends untold hours setting on the back of the couch watching for a Squrrels. A 20 ga shotgun is a permanent fixture by the back door. A friend taught me how to skin them quickly without getting hair on the carcas. They are really very good eating if cooked properly. There are some old ones that are tough no matter how slow you cook them. The Rat Terrier gets these and loves them just don't tell ma ma.

8. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    September 1st here in Virginia, getting closer and closer. i dont like the earlier season as much as the later season when the squirrel are on the ground. and i dont like hunting in 90 degree weather, i usually wait untill the leaves fall and its chilly outside. its much more enjoyable IMO

9. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I usually dont hunt them till fall but i think its august here in Tennessee too.

10. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Aug. 15 here in Indiana

11. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Aug. 15 here.......I usually wait until it is a lot cooler before I go...lol...

12. chillywater

chillywater New Member

State:
    alabama
    it is hard to beleive that with all the little critters we have running around our season in alabama does not start until october.:sad2:

13. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    here in virginia it is september1 but i probally wont gett up to hunt them untill the 3rd week in september but i wont really be hunting the i will really be making sure all my deer stands are in tip top condition for october6 for bow season but on the long walk to the stands and the long walk back i will have my .22 ready for some squirrels.

14. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    August 1st thru february 15th here. I`M Ready to smoke some tree rats. I just got me one heck of a rat terrier(feist) female.she was a stray my sister brought me but someone has really worked with her. one heck of a nose on her.she`s been treeing squirrels in my backyard for a few weeks now since i`ve had her. what a teaser. i`m ready for season to begin.

15. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    no closed season on squirrels for me either, i just usually only see em in town. when i can catch em out of town, i only kill em if it's cold.

16. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    season started today (aug 1st) here. due to the fact that i messed my shoulder up again and the fact that it got to over 90 here today, i passed....lol.

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    May 15th till Feb 15th here in Mo.

18. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    aug 15th in indiana.

19. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    In Tennessee, fall squirrel season runs from Aug. 25 to the end of February.

Dove season and early goose season begin Sept. 1. It is so hot here that they will cooked before they hit the ground.

drd

20. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    ours opened august 1st. i got 5 more tree rats yesterday.