So when do we leave

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by catfishing is fun, Feb 28, 2007.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    Just wonderin when you guys think the fish will start biteing, with the differing weather weve been haveing, they may never start (uuu that dosnt sound to good) but if that happenes theres always crappie

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    They should be bite now

3. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    Good, thats what i wanted to hear

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Just got to find some place to go. Ice floating down river,lakes and ponds still froze over .Ready to go just don't know where.Hopefully ice will be gone from river before long.Oh where to GO!!

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The catfish have been biting all winter. They don't stop eating just because the water's cold.

It's the fishermen who stop fishing when the water's cold; they assume that since they aren't fishing, the fish aren't biting.

They're wrong.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I am heading to the mississippi in the morning and will let everyone know how it goes...I have been bit by the "BUG" and have the "FEVER" really bad! I went to the Bass Pro Shops over the weekend and got everything that i will need for the summer...needless to say i spent alot of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

7. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Yep, I have to pull the boat up to the house, change the impeller (sp) and change grease in the lower unit. I need to be ready to go when the bug bites! I can feel the itch starting right now.

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    We should have several boats around the KC area this weekend on a fish finding mission!

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    The fish have been biting well all winter. But the fair weather fisherman should be coming out of the house anytime now:lol: .

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah some of us have to do a little hunting and deal with ice on the water. :)

11. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Its all timing bud you have to catch them with the right bait at the right time at the right place. It has warmed up here so I still keep fishing in the deep dark holes. When the weather warmed up the bite did actualy slow down which i cannot figgure out.

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Went out this morning and it was pretty much a waste of time!! A WHOLE LOT of debris floating down river not to mention the ICEBERGS!! The only thing that was good, I was able to catch plenty of bait with only three throws of the throw net. I was on the water approximately 4 1/2 hours and all I caught was alot of grass and leaves on the line and then the mighty wind storm blew in and was litterally blowing me UP river:eek:oooh:

13. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    whats a good bait for the beginning of the fishing "season"

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Use the same thing any time of the year...

15. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    well I just went to bass pro and got my rod,reel,line,hooks,liscense etc. and Im ready to go. I have a hunch that all these crazy storms will "wake up" the fish and set them into spring mode. (just a hunch) I will get out there after it snows this weekend. hopefully that will be the last of it but you never know here in the midwest its crazy.