So whats the world coming to

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wishiwasfishin, Jun 20, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    any more it seems all you hear about on the news is bad stuff,war,bombs...etc now i intend to live my life for all it's worth but what will it be like for my kids? you hear all this talk about how my bomb is bigger then yours..what the heck are people thinking now days. you know if i died tonight and would have to look back and say what a ride it's been but the thing that worries me the most is what my kids will have to got threw. i don't know about yall but i'm ready to hear some good news for a change.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'd love to hear some good news too. The only thing on the news is bad. Muder, Rape, and bombs. It is quite disheartening. There has to be some good out there in the world someplace.

3. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    i hope your right.even when i pick up the local paper there is always something. kind of gets a guy down sometimes.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I hear you bro! I'm trying to raise 4 kids and hope that the future is gonna be bright for them but sometimes I just cringe after watching the news!!! I try to be positive and upbeat but sometimes it's just tough!

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree. I usually have to bite my tounge on subjects like this, because I have "opinions" which at times upset others, so I usually keep them to myself.

I can sum it up in one word.....GREED......and in my 50 (well 49) years in this world......I can honestly say I remember when it didn't used to be this way.

Smitty

6. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    i was going to start this in {H I} area but i figured i'd get a few more replies here. yeah i tell my babies evey night that i love them and tomorrow is going to be the best day yet...i hope i'm not wrong someday.

7. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i get my kids together in the evening and turn off the t.v. and just talk about how there day was...can't get better news than that

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I dont watch TV, read paper etc. like I use too. From neighbors, friends to everyday people I come across, many or stressed, not happy etc. I'm having more hard times than I ever had and its not because I'm a bad person or dont try. Maybe I notice more since I am a parent and grand parent. I sure dont want to leave a mess.
    It is very hard times for most people but not unexpected. IMO. Use your own judgment on the answer.

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!!!

when evrything else looks like a dark cloud of dispair your kids can out shine anything if you take the time to listen and do things with them .

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    "SLUDGE" and we got no one to blame but ourselves!

11. spaceman

spaceman New Member

State:
    Strong, Ar
    I agree that there a lot of bad news everywhere today, but think back to the bomb scare of the 50/60's. Our parents were having the same thoughts as we do today. Today we just get more world info. faster so we hear more news at one time and a lot of it is BAD. Make your time with your family the best you can, their what counts.

12. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I firmly believe that we all can make our own good news especially with all the bad news in the world, just check out my story on the fathers day I recently had with my 14 yr old son.

13. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I think allot of it is BAD NEWS SELLS. Everybody ignores the good things cause all they want to know is what's wrong. Like Big George said "SLUDGE". That's why I just don't watch the news anymore. Not that I don't want to be informed I just don't want to be depressed. If something really important happens I always hear about it somehow. Not saying that we shouldn't stay up on current events just take it with some salt. JMO.

14. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    FRYGUY has it about right good news doesn't fit the big money agenda. I have an old cowboy friend and we discuss world politics on a regular bases, I would become disheartened about it not doing any god to fight the bad news when the end is already written and he said "boy you don't want to be holding the devils hand when Jesus comes back" . I say lets you and I kep up the good fight.