So whats the deal? deer and turkey classic

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Feb 23, 2006.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    so no illinois boys talking about this. the annual deer and turkey classic is this weekend in bloomington. they are expecting over 600 mounts to be on display again this time.

byron furgeson master trick shooter will be there to amaze people with his recurve bow shooting flying targets some small as a dime.

there is gonna be a seminar on at home processin venison and cooking venison (the right way) soft tasty.

its located at the interstate center in bloomingtom il friday sat sunday. my second mount will be on display.

im planing an all day sat trip up. from noonish till ??? there is food and cold beveradges. including beer.

a new building will be used from last year to help with the growing crowds. illinois boasts some of the best whitetail hunting in the us with some amazing records.

last year the best of show winners typical went to jon sundag. i worked with him. hes a plasterer too.

whos all going. i know there are lots of hunters on here???

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    your right there are lots of hunters on here but that is quite a drive to go to a redneck convention...lol

3. John Rogers

John Rogers New Member

State:
    va
    I can only afford one Illinois tripp a year and thats in the second week of Nov. It's flat out awsome around Macomb!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    Man I forgot and it about 20 minutes away.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i went on fri for 2-3 hrs and 1-7 sat and an hr on sun to pick up the mount i entered.

i learned to fillet a deer. i mean totally remove all the meat off the carcass in 1 piece. entire side in one peice. yep. boneless. i got the video too. this guy in a 45 min seminar took off one whole side of the deer in one bonless fillet and made neck roasts chops, chops from a mock tender in the shoulder, sirloin tip roasts from hind and all sorts of cuts and tied up with butcher string and wrapped ready for freezor. all in 45 min. and he stopped to answer Q's.:eek: i got the video so i can do this way too. never had to cut a bone and showed where and how to remove the lymph nodes toatlly from the meat.

this is the way they do it in wisc where there is concerns of cronoic wasting desiese. if any of ya are intrested in the video pm me and ill get the web site for ya. its awesome. right on the table top. no need to hang. the vhs was $10 and $15 for dvd. he also sells fish fillet vids and he said it showed how to remove y bones from northerns and a knife sharpening vid all 3 vhs $20.

every one in the seminar was amazed. there was no joke. he did it live right there. he has been doing it since 69. he is a vetern meat butcher but the video is step by step. easy.

got a meat lug ( big tub) from a butcher grinder vendor and some hot sauce and great chow chow like salsa made with cabbage. it awesome. and 17 free cans of chew. hehehe. hit em all fri and sat too.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    funny thing too. i had never seen the peta people eating tasty animals before. i made it up when we were talking about peta here. i thought thats a cool signature. i guess i was not the first, lol. they had vinel stickers there that said it. lmao.