So. what is going on?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AwShucks, Jan 19, 2010.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I posted a thread yesterday in the "in the news" forum about active earthquake zones in the United States (Feel somewhat sorry for you guys in the Ohio Valley and New England ), It hasn't made it out of the forum for discussion. Do our posts have to be released by a moderator? Whats going on?

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I read it yesterday. Not sure where it is now.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    You all over it Gary!! LOL

4. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    I just read it. It' there!

5. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    read it yesterday. was at a loss for words.

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think AhShucks was having a Senior moment.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    NOPE, no senior moment. I know the thread was still in the "in the news forum". When I come onto the board, I go to the "WHAT'S NEW" feature, click and it, and it displays all the posts made on the board since I was last on. That way I don't have to click on every forum the board has to read the posts. Usually, all posts are displayed with that feature. But I have noticed in the past that sometimes a topic will stay hidden, for lack of a better word, for two or three days before it finally makes its way into the public view. Just wanted to know if this was a deliberate thing or not. Like, does the boss and his cronies somewhat censor what we post? One idle mind wanted to know. Thanks guys.

Oh, it you come on the board the same way I do, you also need to click on the feature "Mark all forums read" to clear the posts for our next trip. Drawback to my way is I at least see the tittles of threads I have absolutely no interest in, but I don't click on those threads to visit either. LOL

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Lawrence,

If "What's New" works the same way as "New Posts", and I think it does, it will not show a thread that you have already read until somebody makes a new post in it. When you post to a thread or start a new one, it normally won't show up for you under "New Posts" until somebody else posts because it assumes that you have already read the thread up through your own post.

9. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I read that thread yesterday

10. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I think I heard there are still bugs in the new system. :gotu:

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't know if there is bugs there or not... but usually, on a new system, you do have bugs. Not all programmers are equal. You have lead programmers who are generally very knowledgeable about system design and the program language used to implement a new system. You also have novice programmers who just graduated from school and are working on their first system. The thing you do is to note the bugs so they can eventually be eradicated. Some bugs will kill a system, others will just frustrate the users of the system. But by working together, you finally get a good system. Of course there are those programmers who got the job because of who they know and their intelligence may be one notch above stupid. LOL