So what do you call those things

Discussion in 'Boating' started by justwannano, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. justwannano

    justwannano Active Member

    SE Iowa
    Kind of a newish thing around here is a platform added to the front of jon boats made of angle iron with an expanded metal mesh "floor".
    It's to keep dirt and debris from falling into the boat when bumping a high bank while setting bankpoles.
    I'm looking for plans to build one but don't know the name of it.
  2. trnsmsn

    trnsmsn New Member

    Missouri Originally Now I
    I've not yet seen what you are talking about yet but from the description, it sounds like what we put on the front of our airboats. We call them "root rakes".

    They have a similiar function, so as to knock down the brush you are going thru & to allow the cattails etc. to fall thru it prior to loading your boat up.

    HTH, Elliot.......Happy Thanksgiving:big_smile: