So what did you all get while hunting?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by r_bray89, Apr 12, 2006.

1. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Was just seeing how many people went out hunting and what they got.

2. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I got one at 6:30 this morning and went back at around 2 this afternoon and came home with my second tag filled! I was even able to video all of both hunts, they're pretty cool.:) They weighed in at 18-19 pounds and both had 9 1/2 " beards.

3. diodeman

diodeman New Member

State:
    Benton Co. Mo.
    Benton county Missouri has a strong population of turkey's this year. I took out my first one of the this season today using a Ford F-150 1/2 ton 4 wheel drive truck doing about 60mph. The critter flew right into me.

I am sure it was a beautifull creature prior to impact after which not much was left.

4. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL. Road kill turkey! How big was he? lol Anybody else put the hammer down on any yet? We are still about 12 days away here.

5. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I'm going this weekend. Hope to get a few.

6. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was able to fill my first tag in Kansas this morning. Not the largest bird I have taken but any longbeard is a good one. He measured in at 20.5 lbs 1" spurs and an 11" beard. Going after his dad in the morning.

7. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    Good job to everyone that allready filled their tags, and good luck to those who haven't! We're also 12 days away here in ohio. I just bought my first hunting lisence and hope to get someone to take me get a bird:cross:

8. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I know this is off topic, but can any of you guys tell me how to put a pic on here?

9. bankpoleken

bankpoleken New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Illinois
    I am 69 years old and have been turkey hunting for two years. Last year I missed a gobbler at 25 yards but my son-in-law who was sitting beside me got the bird. This year I shot a 21 lb Tom with a 10.5 inch beard and 1.25 inch spurs. My son-in-law shot a jake the day before so we both filled our tags.

10. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Today my uncle and i went out at 6:00am and at 7:00am we had a jake and a young tom and i got the tom it had a 6 in beard 1/2inch spurs and weighd 17 pounds oh what a day

11. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Well its over for me.i went sat moring and called up 5 long beards and took 1 by about 7:00 my girl was with me she loves it...it weight 22.4 10 and 1/2 inch beard...then i went sunday moring and by 6:45 had my next bird it weight 21.5 11 inch beard i love it and we filmed both hunts i'm going to send then to a friend at nwtf to put on tv..good luck to everyone hunting

12. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    last friday morning i went turkey hunting for the first time of my life
    by 6:45 i killed a 24.5 lb tom with 10.5 inch beard and a lil over an 27 mm spurs ( a lil over an inch i think)
    :)
    i was happy

13. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My dad, brother, and I went out on Saturday morning and took two turkeys. My dad shot a little 18 pounder and my brother shot a 21lb and 10 ounce turkey. It was my brothers first ever and my dads second. My dads beard was 12 inches and my brothers was 10-10.5 inches. The spurs on my dads were between 3/4 and 1 inch and my brothers were between 1/2 and 3/4 inches. I didnt get a shot, but im goin out this weekend and hopefully will have some luck. I shot one in the same place last year that weighed 23lb and 10 ounces. I hope to get a bigger one this year.

14. Potomusky

Potomusky New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Went out yesterday on the Md. opener and took a gobbling jake then headed out to the river and caught a few small blue cats. Guess it was little guy day.

15. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    So far no turkeys. :crying: I have had several tick bites and got to witness an amazing lightning show. The snakes are our too and I find myself scouting for deer more than hunting for turkeys.
    I think I may have poison ivy but not too bad. Now I remember why turkey hunting is not my favorite. lol If anyone in the Louisville area would like to show me how to turkey hunt please let me know.

16. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hello Derby,

I am new here and was surfing some old posts.

To prevent ticks, I spray my closes with permitrin. It comes in several ways. One is Permanone spray can and also in quart bottles you attach to water hose for spraying your yard. I forget the product name but read the labels and search for permitrin.

At the beginning of the season, I lay all my camo in the yard and spray it down with the yard spray. I do not get ticks even tough I sometimes sleep on the ground during the day.

For the poison ivy, just plain bleach. It burns but soak the blistered area as long as you can stand the burn. The next day the ivy will be dried up.

Hope you finally got a bird.

R.D.

17. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I only could miss one day of class and all I got was mosquito bites.

Not my best year.