So there i was........

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Damian_Storm, May 6, 2006.

1. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    all set up , big tree stickin out in the water.. big gill on one side , one big gill on the other...just starting to get dark and i am thinkin' it's about to turn on...a few minutes later BAM the clicker sounds like a crotch rocket taken off...so i battle the beast for a few minutes and i am thinking oh yeah got my first flathead of the year...pull him out and guess what? another decent channel..not as big as the 35" one i got the other day but this one still went 29"..i caught him on about a 5" bluegill , live!! that shocked me ..i still haven't gotten me a flathead yet but , i am getting some good channels...:smile2:

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Way to go Dave, your on those channels pretty good right now. I was fishing White River yesterday with cut creek chubs and for 2 hours it was non stop action, caught probably 16 channels, no huge ones, the biggest weighed in at 8.3lbs on my new digi scale that I tried out for the first time. So the channels are finally active, now I gotta find me a flathead to really get going. Oh yeah, I caught a 10lb channels once on a 5" live bluegill and about a 4lb channel on a live 8" drum over in Illinios one time, they'll take it if they put their minds to it. Tight Lines.

3. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    as long as it has whiskers !!! :smile2:

4. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    you got that right steve o

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ican't even catch one catfish. have been out 4 times in last 2weeks no cats at all. tried live gill , worms, liver cutbait nothing is working. Did catch a 4lb drum on cut gill side. oh well there's always tommrow. I am glad someone is catching some.Gives me hope.

6. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Leonard hit me up and we will go fishing sometime since nobody seems to want to have another gathering. I can take u to brookville or the ohio river. Fishing has been excellent here at brookville the last couple of weeks. went down to the ohio 2 weekends ago and caught 2 nice blues. Will be going down to fish a local club tournemant at rising sun this saturday. Hoping not to make a donation though. They are having pretty decent turn outs, from what I here 12-14 boats. I could also come up and fish geist if u wanted I havent fished there in about 3 years. The night my buddy ripped his transom out of his boat. We looked back and that 225 had come all the way through the haul on the bottom of the motor mount. So I swore id never go back, butI like to fish up there, there are some real nice cats.

7. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    It seems as though I ALWAYS catch channels when I'm fishin' for flats. But I'm not complainin'. They're just like the ladies, can't stay away from me! :big_smile:

-Red