So the phone rings

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by cook, Nov 7, 2006.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Late last nite.I usually don't answer the phone.Its normally not for me,and if it is,its not something good.
    After about 15 rings,I figure its important,so I get up and answer it.
    Another gosh darn campaign ad,pre-recorded call.
    Well I'm going to vote today,never a straight ticket,always take time to research my votes.With all the bombardment of advertising and negativism,I'm about ready to start voting against people instead of for people:sad2: :sad2:

All I got to say is,its over for 2 more years.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm sick of every other commercial on TV being an ad slamming an opponent.Makes me not want to watch TV.Yep,its almost over for 2 more years,I got mine taken care of this morning.I'll be glad when the commercials go back to regular crap!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

That phone call you received may be agianst the rules. I don't know about state by state but a bunch have rules agianst it. Are so I heard on the radio this morning

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ive been getting them also I just hang up when I answer. The thing I dont understand if your on the do not call list where do they get the right to call????

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Lets see I am on the NO CALL list. I guess they gave themselves a pass on that law.
    Bill

6. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I'm with you, sooo sick and tired of all of it! Thank God it's all over with today, most of them are crooks and liars and the rest are thieves:confused2:

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I don't think the no call list covers political calls, or companies or charities you have previously dealt with.

8. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Never gotten a campaign call.

But if anyone needs a dish satellite let me know and I'll give em your number...... I get one of these call almost every night....:crazy:

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I get them from democrat candidates and I'm a registered republican.
    I email the offending phone sexers by going to their websites.

Email I save on my hard drive.

Crazy is going into a bank and yelling I have a gun just for kicks.

Crazy is parking as close to the front door of Walmart as you can if you value your car.

Crazy is my 1 hour commute each way to work on the busiest highway in the state.

Crazy is sitting in a duck blind in 16 degree weather while its sleeting.

Crazy is the lock on treestand I used to hunt out of that was 60 feet off the ground.

Crazy is defying a category 3 hurricane coming right down the pipe by staying in your mobile home.

INSANITY IS VOTING FOR A DEMOCRAT AT ANY LEVEL AT THE PRESENT TIME!

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    You are right, it doesn't

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    most of the ads on tv are slam ads and dont talk about much else. what are these people's view points? are they for or against my topics of interest? heck if I know. are they prochoice? are they anti gunners? are they for the enviroment? are they going to help the helpless? heck if I know. all they wanna talk about is the war or about each other. but nothing important. (now before you scream that war is/isnt important, heres my 2 cents. Its war people die on all 3 sides(us, them & the non combatants). tv just draws out the negatives cause they nothing else to talk about. Do they ever show us helping to rebuild anything? News doesnt report good things people do. that stuff doesnt get ratings. I'd be over there now if I was young enough to enlist. you cant draw a deadline for the new government cause its still evolving and unpredictable. we set a deadline, they wait, build strength and then go all out when we pull out, knowing we most likely that we couldnt redeploy because of politics. ect....It'll be over when its over.) and like tonights episode of south park states your always either voting for a deutsch or a turd sandwich anyway.

12. catboy210

catboy210 New Member

State:
    texas
    ok i am 14 but i am the only one that ever picks up the phone i get like 12 calls when ever a elctions come by one is alright but 12 a day

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    You guys answer the phone. I dont.
    Now I know what that ringing in my ears is all the time. its the phone.
    I got so use to hearing all those fancy ringing cell phones everywhere I go that I forgot , my phone has a real ring. LOL, all I got a do to stop ear ringing is pick up phone. Nope, I like the ring better. LOL:tounge_out: :roll_eyes: :lol:

14. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    And on top of all that, I stopped at a store last night to get me a six pack and couldnt because i had to wait until after 7pm when the election time was over :what:

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    You can cure that problem by listing your phone in the National Do Not Call Registry.

Mine is listed but I got a call from a satellite company. I reported their name and number and later got a letter from Arkansas Attorney General asking if I could appear in court... I sent it back saying I sure would. Guess it was settle out of court but no more calls.