So Tell Me.......

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SweetSymphony672, Apr 7, 2008.

1. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England

Heyya everyone hope ya okay

At the moment, I'm choosing my options to study for the next 2 years, I've picked Geography (my fave!), History, French and Extra Science alongside with English, Maths and Single Science which are compulsory.

So tell me, what were YOU like at school?

Love you hear from ya all :big_smile:

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I got out of high school 50 years ago. Back then my main interest was fast cars and girls. Come to think of it I have not changed much .

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i like music, not big into sports much but in the concert and jazz bands in my high school and i intend to go through with it through college and get my masters of arts in music education

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I got out about 35 years back and about the same except any time I was in a new school I found front and back doors first day [you figure out why] LOL

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I always liked English and biology. I was (and am) uttlery horrible at math, Excel is the best thing that ever happened:smile2: I'm on a break from working on my bachelor's in IT, and I really enjoy programming classes. Geography was OK and I was good at it - I can pretty much memorize anything I read once or twice, but not real interesting to me. Good luck and hope you enjoy your classes!

Branden

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am a fan of history myself.........................it never changes!

7. iFish

iFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well last quarter I got a D- in trigonometry... And last semester I got a C- in college algebra :embarassed:

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i was never very good in school. i never did homework. i got good grades, just never did homework. i think that if i had did my homework, i would have made honor role every time, but its to late for that now. that was almost 10 years ago. now i just use my superior intellect and dashing good looks to get by. no wonder i havent really gotten ahead in life. :big_smile:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Dang Joey,
    You posted almost exactly what I was gonna say.....:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:
    All except it was almost 17 years ago for me.....:smile2:

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    im with joey,

i never did homework and i barely studied. too many other interesting things at the time. like i dunno... girls and sports. i did maintain honor roll throughout high school, and i even won some lil awards for creative writing. for the most part-anything literature, history, or physics based was my bread and butter. i suck at math, which made physics a real pain. but, i was very good at remembering theories so i got by. i have thought about trying to get a buisness degree, but at this point i dont think it would pay off. by the time i paid off any borrowed $ plus worked full time raised a kid didnt get a divorce and even fished sometimes... i just dont think it would be worth it. i know the stupid story about the grasshopper and the ant. but, i seriously doubt any monitary benefit would show up for another 15 years. by then i will have won the lottery anyways.

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't know Sgt.You're in the Marines,sounds to me like you've gotten ahead in life.If no one else is,I'm proud of ya,you're pretty high up on the ladder to me.Don't really know where this Country would be without folks like you!!~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile_2:

12. fishermanswife

fishermanswife New Member

State:
    az
    My favorite subjects were History and English. Unfortunately, school bored me so I was a bit of a slacker. Wouldn't do my homework, wouldn't study for tests. Luckily I was able to retain information pretty well and always aced the tests but that's the only thing that got me through. When I applied for colleges they actually told me if it hadn't been for my high SAT and ACT scores, they never would have let me in. :eek:oooh: Hey, I was too busy going to the dunes and partying in high school to worry about homework and studying. :cool2::smile2:

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    school............ well................. each year or semester started out all well & good but it never failed as time went on i would get kicked out of classes and get different ones. by the time all was said and done my schedule was this...

1st hr. - proctor for freshman band
    2nd hr. - band
    3rd hr. - jazz band 2
    4th hr. - jazz band 1
    5th hr. - orchestra
    6th hr. - some class they stuck me in that i never went to because i'd be playin cards in the band room or jumped on the sportster and took outta there :smile2:

that may :)confused2:) be the reason i finally got caught (after runnin from security) and took to the principal's office (1/2 way through my 5th year) and was told......

"Mr. Blenden, as long as you NEVER come back to this school we will give you your diploma." to which my response was..............

DEAL !! :big_smile:

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    The only thing I cared about in school was band. I didn't even mess with girls unless they played an instrument.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was just one of the no names in high school. never did anything except wright a essay for the Daughters Of The american Revolution. and won it for our school. Nobody ever said as much as a thank you or kiss my donkey to me except my family. math was one of my worst subjects. I excell in it today because I taught myself ,that the down to earth usuage is the ONLY thing worth knowing. never took algebra[ and I am very proud of this one] I made a higher score on the ACT test than most of the brains my senior year ,even though I skipped the whole algebra section. I use numbers all day at work and they make sence to me . English was a bad one too. I was taught so many names on how to form a correct sentance ,I dont Know how now after 28 years. who cares what a pronoun it or an adjective,if you dont remember how to PUNCTUATE>or form a paragraph?ohh well.This new math they are forcing our kids .,I'd like to string up whoever thought this crap up. I never thought theyed be forcefeeding algebra and crap to 5th graders ,What the Ell is goin on in this country?.