So its a little cold

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishing is fun, Jan 5, 2007.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    but, if i went to springfield lake, right to the powerplant, and fished the hotwater outlet, would i catch some fish???

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Sounds like it would sure be worth trying. What species of cats do you have in the lake? I'm pretty sure they've stocked Muskies in there-would like to catch one of them!

3. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    from what ive been told, we have channel, blue,and flathead cats in that lake, but i may be wrong

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    wish i had a hot water powerplant:sad2: im jealous!

5. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    if i did go, i assume the fish will be there and feeding because the water is really warm there and the surrounding water is really cold, but what types of bait should i use, cause with the water temp running so high, could i use the same bait i fish in the summer??

Thanks for the help

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    from what ive read and heard shad and bluegill. i think all the shad go to the warm water.

7. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    I didn't know Lake Springfield had a warm water outlet? Where is it at on the lake and can you access it by land, I think the lake has a motor limit doesn't it, I'm think my boat is a little too big?

8. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan

its right by the powerplant, if you drive by it, you will see the water beeing pumped out, and yes, it is accesable by land, there are some docks right by it, now i have never fished it, but have hered it was the warm water outlet, so if it isnt dont be mad at me, i personaly am telling my dad that it is so he will take me there lol

9. Denny H

Denny H New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I fish North of you at the Thomas Hill power plant. Shad and blue gill always work well here if the fish are bitting. At this time of year hybrid, channel, and a few flat's are found. And if they're not bitting throw in a small pole cause the crappie will usually be in there as well. So get out there and tell us what it's like.

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Every day you spend wondering about it is a day you dont know about it. Just gather up a couple of rods and a cast net and go try it. I would much rather be the one that discovered the action that the one that came in behind afterwards and got seconds. A bad day fishing is better than a good day working, or in your case a day in school. Go For It. Bob

11. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I live in Nixa and have fished Lake Springfield many many times, the hot water channel is at it's best when it's at it's coldest out, but get at the end of the water run, where the water starts into the lake at the end of the pennusula, there you can catch about everything during the winter, the heat of the water is at it's best at that area and further into the lake at that point, and yes there are blues, channels and flatties in that lake

12. trashman

trashman New Member

State:
    buffalo
    my bro lives up in springfield and says that the fishing has been real good all over the lake so tell your dad to get u out their