So is anyone from the Granite City area?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by firefighteremtb78, Oct 22, 2006.

1. firefighteremtb78

firefighteremtb78 New Member

State:
    IL
  2. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I dont know but if you want to got fishin I am game.

3. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    doug i work in madison off the 203 and i am wanting to learn the water up that way drop me a line in u ever want to fish

4. firefighteremtb78

State:
    IL
    anytime on the weekends im usually free...just gotta make plans about a week in advance....the river has been pretty low but its been a few weeks since I been down there. I been fishing a small pond lately. Thats where i caught this monster at. It was 65 pounds and 49 inches long

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Doug.. I'm from Glen Carbon... I fish above Alton, by the power plant just about every weekend.. Duckhunters are taking over that area now..

6. firefighteremtb78

State:
    IL
    thats the problem now with water around here i noticed all these duckhunters. Im orignally from Mt vernon and there was hardly any duck hunters around there. I never fished above Alton though. Might have to hit it up one weekend. You game? Maybe the next week or so.

7. jtr4324

jtr4324 New Member

State:
    virginia
    I'm planning on setting out a few rods off the bank and watching them from my tree stand along the Illinois River in Schuyler:cool2:

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Sure thing.. They're calling for sunny and 60 Saterday and Sunday.. Give me a call Friday 314-267-3323.. Baits no problem.. I usually have enough to fish all day within 30 minutes... Hopefully the wind will calm down this weekend.. The last couple weekends its been wicked..

9. firefighteremtb78

State:
    IL
    ill do that let me make sure nothing is going on with the kids and if not i could be game...do you fish from the bank then? I may have a buddy tag along he has been after me for awhile to go fishing. He's a big ol boy so dont be scared...lol...600 pounds to be exact

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    No... I fish from a boat.. Can't get to deep water from the bank... And that way I can move to different spots easy... Knocked my transducer off last Saterday.. So my fishfinder doesn't work anymore.. Now I have to do it the old fashioned way and hunt for them..

11. firefighteremtb78

State:
    IL
    Harold did you go fishing at the river this weekend? I had to much stuff to do. I ended up going to my pond for about 30 mintues and caught a few bass but nothing big. Im shootin for the weekend of the 11th hopefully

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yep... Saterday, the wind like to blew me away, but I got 1... 3 1/2lb blue.... Sunday was a nice day on the river.... only problem was, I didn't catch anything.... but I still had fun..