So, how was the fishing in Louisianna this weekend?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Malichi1970, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    How many people were fishing up that way and how did everyone do?

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Two words......FRIKEN' HORRIBLE!! The gathering consisted of 98 boats, and 47lbs took first place, with a big fish of 32lbs. I know alot of boats got skunked, we weighed in a small flathead, it was only 2.2lbs, which got our names in the drawing for the boat. That's about it. I did hear alot of talk from the guys saying they won't do it again next year. I don't believe I will either.:confused2: This has been my third year fishing that stretch of river, and it's always tough there. It makes you appreciated how good our river is here.:cool2:

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    47 pounds! What a stringer!:crazy::eek:oooh:

Sorry to hear that, hopefully Justin's tourney will have a turn out like that!:wink::smile2:

4. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    At least Justin's tournaments payback 100% of the entry money to the anglers!

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That's what I meant by "I hope Justin's tourney will have a turn out like that". 98 boats at your tourney means a very very nice payday for the winners!

6. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    If you have 90+ boats how can you only win $100 dollars for 5th place?:confused2: Those figures just don't come out right:confused2: That guy is just robbing the bank if you ask me:eek:oooh:.With almost a hundred boats there should be some serious pay out there:confused2:.

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    EXACTLY!!!!! 2 BOATS SHY OF 100 @ $80 BUCKS A BOAT = $8000!!!!

That's something to think about.......:confused2:

8. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    somebody must have forgot a 18ft boat motor and trailer is given away to
    go buy one and see how much that cost
    plus porksteaks and trimmimngs for 200 people

9. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    buy the way the fishing was bad i dont know why the bite was gone but friday before it was good oh well thats why they call it fishing rather than catching:smile2:

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Where were you hiding all weekend, Tim? I saw Troy a couple of times, but I didn't see you anywhere. I did see a houseboat coming up river Saturday, with a couple of boats hooked to it. I thought the one white SeaArk was maybe yours?

11. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    sorry i wasnt around much guys but i had to help a buddy that messed up his prop, my wife had to pull him in with my boat, he said he didnt hit anything
    but one of the blades just broke off (aluminum prop on a 115 yammy) i told him when he bought the boat to get a stainless. sorry for the tuff fishing i fished that strech my whole life and it can be real good or absolutly horrible
    and yes i was one of the skunk boats. when the wife gets some of the houseboat trips over maybe i can come down and spend the weekend and do some fishing with you guys.
    yes that was us coming up river on our friends houseboat
    later
    slider

12. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    We were there again this year. The fishing was real tough. We got 12th out of 98 boats with 10.80 lbs. of fish. Had a good time. Got to meet and shoot the bull with some of the other fisherman we have met in the past and met some New BOC members. (LOL theonecatfishbob kinda stands out in my mind.) the meal was really good. To bad we didn't win the boat.

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    It was great to see everyone there. We had a good time, the fishing was tough. Cuz and I ended up with 5.85 lbs to get us into the drawing. It reminded me of a really big dollar tourney with a horrible geographical center.:smile2: (sorry Skip couldn't resist) Watching Cuz try to get that monster out of the livewell while a large group of spectators started to gather was the funniest thing I have seen in a while. That fish was angry and I think he scared ol Cuz a few times. He had me laughing so hard I was about to fall out of the boat.:smile2::smile2:

14. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Them little suckers are mean sometimes :smile2:

15. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    I would love to know the truth about how much that boat motor really cost COOK's i keep hearing that both are donated the manufactures? As for the meal it wasn't that great and i'll buy a t-shirt if i want one. I felt like i bought a $80 raffle ticket at bad banquet. Don't get me wrong Shawn and Keith run a nice tournament and are good people but I really think some changes need to be made concerning the payout. 98 boats and they don't even have a big fish cash prize???????

16. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Does anyone know the turth or no does no one want to talk about it??

17. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I dunno, it's only guessing, but you are probably right as far as the boat goes. I pulled this from Cooks entry form:
    "Sponsored by Cook’s Boats & Motors, SeaArk Boats, Haulrite Trailers, and Suzuki"
    Being Cooks is SeaArk's largest or second largest dealer, I'm sure the boat package was donated by the manufacturers. Even after all the prize money, I don't think it would cost 6 grand for Tshirts and the food they had there.

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I got no dog in this fight since I rarely fish tourneys and live clear across the state, but wasn't the payout percentage listed before the tourney? If it wasn't and the question wasn't asked before you paid your money I guess that's what happens when you pay to fish and don't ask questions:smile2:

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I was never really worried about the payout there, cause it always has sucked. I was always in to try and win the boat, and for the fun of it anyway. I do wonder though, with the high boat numbers, why they don't payout alot better, especially since it costs so much to fish these things anymore.

20. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    I just want to know were the money goes it just seems like its a big secret all the time and know one has a clue. If their pocketing alot of the money thats fine its their tournament they have the right to but it should be somwhere in writing on the flyer what % of the entry money is going to be paid back to the anglers. I've gone every year that COOK's has had a tourny and i'm 100% sure that this year was my last less something changes with the payout. Its just not right!