So how did everyone do Last night/this morning?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by whiteriverbigcats, Aug 6, 2006.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I didnt get the chance to get out lastnight. So i was just curious as to how well everyone did tonight.. Hope to hear of some good stories or see some good pics.....

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

08/05/2006 at about 7 am I got to fish for about an hour and a half caught two and missed four.

3. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on the two you caught....

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Struck out, beaver invasion put the hink on me. Made for a bit O excitement when they swam into my line but that is about all.

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Josh

A very Big Congrats on your PB Yellow!!

Time to update your profile??

:big_smile_2:

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice work Josh!

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Finally got to the ashland ramp at a 1/4 to dark. we rushing to see the river while it was a little light. As i had never fished there before. I marked a few fish on the way to the lock but didn''t try them. We went thru the lock ok and it was pitch dark on the south side we drifted about 2 miles down river withou a hit and turned around after about 4hrs and headed back thru the lock. We might have marked 6 fish during the drift the fish had lockjaw. No fish in the markland pool.We ended up with one 8 inch channelcat on theway back to the ramp. fished from 8:30pm till 2am and no bites. Long drive for a sight no seeing trip. Well maybe next time i will connect.

8. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I went in search of new spots yesterday evening and I found a tremendous log jam with fish all around it! Fish were feeding on the surface, I was marking huge arches on my Lowrance, deep water right on the edge of the log jam. It looked great!! We put out live bluegills, cut bluegills and live creek chubs. We were fishing the bottom and below a float. I was excited...expecting a reel to sing any second! We never got a hit!!!! I'LL BE BACK

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats Josh, That a nice fish...

Sorry the the trio didnt produce more fish Leonard.... was really hopeing to hear some good story or see some good pics.... nexty time huh

10. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats josh that one is a pig

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Chris, the spot you found sounds pretty awsome.. next time you go try a trusty nightcrawler on one pole and see what happens... But keep us informed on how this spot works out for you.... and when you hook that monster be sure to get us pics....

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    ridgerunner and myself fished the Vermilion river between Pontiac and Fairbury yesterday. ridge had four noodles out and our R&R, but the only bite we had was a little largemouth bass. Borrowed a small aluminum boat and next time it will be a lot bigger boat, am still sore and stiff from being all cramped up. Then we went and fished the creek where we fish a lot and nothing but a couple of little bait bluegills. Was a fun day though.

13. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    A friend and I spent yesterday morn deer scouting, then hit the missouri out in the central part of the state, had several hits and went through a bunch of chubs. Only caught one, took twenty minutes to get it out of the submerged tree it was in. Turned out to be a small flat about 3 or 4#. That was the only one we could set the hook on. Also had a couple of asian carp jump in the boat, one about 15# almost knocked me out of my seat, the other one about 20# landed in James' seat about two seconds after he got up to get into the cooler.

14. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Spent all night from8/4/06 530pm to 8/5/06 10:30am
    10# flat and a nice size soft shell that about got my fingers

15. Jim G

Jim G New Member

State:
    Noblesville, Indiana
    Caught 5 channels 2 to 5 pounds and misssed a few to last night at a pond. We caught those in about 1 hour the rest of time nothing was biting.

Jim

16. milla62

milla62 New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,OK
    went out from 6 till 2a.m. netted some nice shad thought!!! Light went out on way back to applegate cove and tagged channel bouy:angry: !!Know any good fiberglass men!!!More damage to pride than ride!!!

17. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    Nice fish Josh. Me and my step-son went hit a few holes for some bluegill and I ended up catching a 3.5 # channel on the ultra lite. It was a blast it was like having a hog on he put up a real good fight.

18. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I did absolutly horrible last night! I had to work.:lol: But tomorrow night its on!

19. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    caught a little 12 pound flathead and lost a bigger one.