So frustrated i might never fish again

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    hey everyone, well i fish 4 or 5 times a week. but never catch fish . have been trying to use different bait here latly. i normally just use shrimp.figures i got a few in spring on it. i wouold eventually catch more if i just found the right spot. and each spot i go to i fish four or five times before i move on. i have a very old gravle pit i fish. pretty deep. not super deep. and only have cought tons of carp. but its crystal clear and have seen a northern pike, and millions of big bass.i did catch 1 small channel from there .and i also have been river fishing . 2 different ones here in dayton ohio. the still water and miami i think.but i never catch anything. so i thought i would go buy some chubs , which i never used before . and catch some blue gill to use live and cut. only problem is i have never done this before and not really sure how. the chubs i got this morning were hudge. 6 inches long and bigger. whats the proper way to cvut bait? and how long will it stay good after dead. and what about the chubs. how do i use them . and my blue gill seem to big to use alive to me. and also how do you use live blue gill on the bottom of the river or lake. and how good would bait be . lets say i went and cought a ton of chubs and blue gill or shad or what ever. and cut it all up and froze it . could i keep bait all year this way.and could someone recomend the type of hooks and sinkers or rig to use. for cut bait , and live bait , and river or lake fishing . i know i got lots of questions,. but man i am so frustrated i want to stop fishing for good. went to the river and was right next to 4 guys fishing together. they must have cought 30 fish. small mouth's and channel. nothing big , but still. not a bite for me . can anyone help me ???

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i might be able to help ya out, hit me with a PM and let me know when and where your going again and i could meet you and help you find fish in whatever body of water your fishing. BTW, gravel pits are horrible places for a newbie to learn how to catch and pattern fish, they usually have very poor populations of cats as well.

3. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have found sometimes that trying to hard to catch fish will only lead to a lonely day fishing with no success. If the blue gill you catch were to large just cut them smaller. A good way to keep them fresh is to buy a (forgot the proper name for this product) but its like a bucket with an oxygen pump. They sell them at bass pro and gander mountain. Gravel pits are nice i fish those too. If you can try to work the structure around the gravel pit and find deep holes if you are fishing in mid-day conditions. Otherwise if you are fishing at night bring them in maybe 6-7 feet off shore and I've had the best luck with that strategy, but of course everywhere is different so just try doing some research online of area's in your local and good luck!

4. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Mike

Don't feel to bad I have two friends that out fish me most of the time 10 to 1.....literialy
    The last time was better, with one of them it was 2 to 1. I can't figure it out we will be 20 feet apart on the bank or 4 feet apart in the boat using same bait and I get beat every time???

By the way welcome to the BOC!!!!

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have the same problem. I can be fishing right next to someone fishing with similiar equipment and bait and not catch the fish they are catching. Maybe its the smell that attracts the fish and I don't smell bad enough.:smile2:

6. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Hey Bro. don't dive up. That is why they call it fishing instead of catching.lol. I have had the worst fishing season in my entire life. However, I am fishing in waters that I have not fished in years, or new places all together. Hang in there and I will as well and we will start catching fish before long. I have been keeping up with a lot of info. so I have a better idea of what is going on.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I too, have had a rough year! I have fished for many hours and came up empty most of the time.
    Don't give up, it will happen for you!!!

PS. use the Bluegills whole and live if possible, same with the chubs.

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    THe Old Folks used to tell me I was` t holding my mouth right might be your problem guys:big_smile_2: LOL

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have held my mouth in many ways to try and improve the bite but, nothing I do seems to work, LOL!!! So I will just keep pluggin and not give up, cause it can't get any worse:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

10. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey Mike you can't give up now,the best fishing is upon us.Like everyone has said you can't catch fish all the time you just have knuckle down and try different techniques,baits.Good luck and we all hope you will turn your run of bad luck around.

11. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    try talking to the other guys who fish there.If they are good guys,they should gladly help you out.I know I would help if a person was willing to ask questions and learn from my little experience.

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have had the same problem, I would say just keep trying, its the fish not u lol. or maybe they is tired of the same bait.

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother, it happens. Keep your head up, we'll get together and find some fish.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hey buddy don't give up.I have talked to a lot of locols who fish the Mississippi around our area and they all say it has been a very bad year.Some blame it on no current to speak of so the fish aren't stacking up behind the dikes and wall s like they usually do. Myself i know there is an overabundance of shad this year. Seems like no matter where you go you find Shad,so therefore the fish aren't going to take what we have to offer when they got all that free food. It's gonna get better ,(got to )fall is here ,water is cooling down ,so no w things are turning in our favor. So hang in there and don't never give up.

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    one thing to keep in mind is that the water is cooling down now and fish are not going to be in the same areas as they were this summer. look for your deeper holes in a given stretch of river and your gonna find fish.

16. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    NEVER GIVE UP!

With that said, don't keep doing the same things that produce no fish.

Try fishing with someone who fishes the same waters to get some ideas, and if you have the money take a trip with a gudie to see what works.

17. Styx

Styx New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know the feeling.

18. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yea...don't quit fishing man...try looking in the BOC Library...the link is on the top of the page...lots of helpful info with rigs, etc. Hope that helps...good luck.

19. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    mike don't ever give up try using gill and chub whole and as far as getting your blue gill take the child with a spongebob bobber i hear that combo is lethal lol but seriously i was feeling the same way earlier this year so i started taking my son and not worring about fishing for me and now i am loving it once again had the best morning of fishing yesterday than i have in a long time but take the kid/kids fishing and just relax i also gish the gmr give me a pm sometime and we can hook up

20. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    youll get em brother. just take it easy when your out there. they always hit when your not ready for it. lol at least that seems to be the thing for me. dont give up youll catch em all!