So does anyone not use lures???

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jun 30, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I HAVENT REALLY SEEN ANYONE ON THE THREADS THAT DOESNT USE LURES TO STRIPED BASS FISH......

I ALWAYS USE LIVE SHAD CAUSE THEY SCHOOL AROUND THE PIER....

IT SOUNDS CRAZY BUT IM SETTING UP A COUPLE TIGER COMBOS TO USE 35 LB BRAID LINE ON BECAUSE 95% OF ALL THE 15-20 LBERS ARENT CAUGHT CAUSE THEY RUN INTO STRUCTURE OR AROUND THE PIER.... WHEN THE BIG ONES GET ON ITS NICE TO BE READY FOR EM :wink:

MOST PEOPLE USE 10 LB MONO CAUSE THERE ARE ALOT OF 2-3 LBERS AND THEY DONT NEED MUCH MORE THAN 10 LB LINE....

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky

And these are the same people that tell stories about the one that got away, LOL!!!

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

THATS WHY IM GONA TRY USING 15 BBG.....MABY 20:wink:

4. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    i use blueback herring mainly,or shad. if i was targeting big fish i would use BIG baits, 8-15in trout or gizzard shad. youd be suprised how large a bait even a 10# srtiper will take. id say stay with mono if theres alot of snags, at least a good mono leader , i use 20# bbg. also try fresh cut bait alot of big stripers are caught on it. good luck

5. bigbengal

bigbengal New Member

State:
    WV
    I have caught a lot of stripers on Chicken Liver and also on Helgamites. I am never fishing for a striper when I catch one; I am always small mouth or catfishing when I hook one.

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

i posted this last night before i went cattin and i am totaly done with braid...... i had 35 lb gorilla tough line fray about 20ft from my bait.....

my pole can fit about 200 yds of 25lb line so im spooling up with that now.... much cheaper... more reliable....more praticable($) to replace.... i feel bad for the people around here that use braid now because the coverage is crapy

i will stick to the best mono they make.........BBG :wink:

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

I MIGHT GET CAJUN RED LINE BECAUSE THAT STUFF IS TOUGH.... I USE IT AS LEADER LINE AND IM PROBABLY USING GOING BACK TO IT.... ONE CAST ( MY PRE CAST ) MAKES IT REALLY LIMP AND IT HAS LESS MEMORY THAN BBG IN THE WINTER..... ITS ALSO A COUPLE BUCKS CHEAPER TOO :wink: