So are the Flathead catfish stepping up yet?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by whiteriverbigcats, Aug 18, 2006.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just curious as to if anybody has prodused any big fish in the last week....

2. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    caught a 28 and a 32 on tues night

3. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the catches... i havent caught anything that has any size to it yet this year

4. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I only got this little guy, 7.5lbs tonight. I did lose one that actually broke off at the hook. I was the heaviest/hardest fish I have ever felt catfishing. It was with a 8-ft MH Ugly Stik catfish rod and it was insane... then it was all over and it just left me wondering/what if?

I missed a few runs so it looks like they are getting back into action since the last couple of nights that I have been out have been slow for me. My buddy and I also got into some decent channels, so the night was not a bust.

I just wish my line did not break - for the record it was 30lb fireline leader tied with a Palomar, drag was set with a scale, oh well.

Attached Files:

5. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    White river big cats, bigcatJoe and I hit the Ohio tonight for a few hours. I didn't do very good getting bait, but Joe got a 48 pound Flathead and a 26 pound blue. Vern

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Vern you always seem to be around the right place at the right time.. if its not you thats catching them it whoever is with you...lol... well congrats to Joe and im going to have to hit the Ohio here in the next few weeks....

7. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    what baits for flatheads. im goin out in a few days

8. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Caught 3 last night on 6 inch goldfish. 30# 12# and 6#. Live bream or goldfish are good.

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on the catches...... im going out monday to see what i can catch..

10. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    me and skipjack went out tonite just got in i caught 2 blues bout 10# and a flathead bout 5# ,tough to find bait

11. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I haven't caught anything big, but I am at least catching em again. I just wish I had a decent river around here so I could be cool like Vern...lol:lol:

12. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Yes Charles, I know what you mean. I haven't been able to catch any bream at all. At least I found the goldfish and at $2.00 per pound, I would use more gas than that trying to catch bait. grizzy

13. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Shane, I landed another nice flathead. The one in my new avatar. There are a couple of pictures of it in my member photo gallery. I'm not sure on the weight, because I didn't have any scales, but 30 pounds would be really close give or take a couple. Vern

14. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Not bad getting better we got 4 fri night on the ohio 8lb,15lb,19lb and 24lb