So anyone hitting the Falls or Salt?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by kevins, Apr 23, 2009.

1. kevins

kevins New Member

State:
    Louisville, KY
    Looks like a nice weekend. I've been watching the Ohio water levels at McAlpine lower and Kosmosdale and so far the water has stayed at least 1 ft below what they are forecasting.

How do you think the fishings going to be? :smile2:

2. jogle1023

jogle1023 New Member

State:
    Shepherdsville
    Water is still way up. We went out yesterday and didnt have any luck at all. Current is awful. One guy on the bank caught a small striper. Good luck if your going out...

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hope you can catch some down at the deep pool just past the fossil beds .

4. kevins

kevins New Member

State:
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah Im going to give it a try, I hope the water drops a bit more in the next day.

5. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I'm going tomorrow (Friday), putting in at Salt River and try to get up Pond Creek, hoping fish will be stacked up there to get out of the current.. If we don't have any luck ther, head down to Otter Creek and Mosquito Creek. The current in the Ohio here is swift and mean, hopefully have luck in the creeks....:roll_eyes:

Hope to send pictures of a huge catch, or medium, or just 1 fishie..:tounge_out:

Guys and gals, please be careful this week-end.

Linda

6. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :0a5: It's not the current flow that bothers me as much as the wind. The waves beat and toss the boat around making it extremely dangerous to navigate her in a small boat. Be Safe

7. Big-Blue

Big-Blue New Member

State:
    Louisville,KY
    I drove by the falls today,the water was up and the gates were all open. It was running to fast for me to what to mess with it but there were at least 2 people down there giving it a try.

8. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ditto on the wind. The wife and I were out in my lil' boat yesterday (KY River) and the chop was bad; made both our backs sore. Current was strong here too, but we got up in Muddy Creek (Madison Co) and caught some decent gills (for bait and eating) , a couple of hybrid stripers, and a couple of KY bass on jig spinners tipped w/preserved wax worms.

I'm glad to see the gills biting; it won't be long before the flatheads are biting good.